how to remove index.php? from url as here in the board

Saurabh Jain

Use friendly URLs

ACP -> System -> Search Engine Optimization

Enable friendly & rewrite URL, download the .htaccess, put it in your suite root folder and then add 

AllowOverwrite All

to your apache configuration of the forum directory.

Restart apache and your done.

Regards

• 3 months later...

Whats' the best way to accomplish this under nginx? I tried the following in my nginx configuration and it causes the links to download when I click on them:

# nginx configuration location / { if (!-e $request_filename){ rewrite \.(js|css|jpeg|jpg|gif|png|ico)(\?|$) /404error.php break; } if (!-e $request_filename){ rewrite ^(.*)$ /index.php break; } } 

7 minutes ago, Brian K. said:

Whats' the best way to accomplish this under nginx? I tried the following in my nginx configuration and it causes the links to download when I click on them:

# nginx configuration location / { if (!-e $request_filename){ rewrite \.(js|css|jpeg|jpg|gif|png|ico)(\?|$) /404error.php break; } if (!-e $request_filename){ rewrite ^(.*)$ /index.php break; } } 

as for rewrite, this is what one ngnix forums uses. 

location / {
        index       index.html index.php;
        try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?q=$request_uri;
    }

Thanks but both of those return 404. I upgraded from VB 4.2 + VBSEO to IPS 4 so I have a rewrite in there as well, not sure if that is causing the problem: 

rewrite [^/]+\/([0-9]+)-[^/]+\.html https://www.techinferno.com/showthread.php?t=$1 redirect;

Archived