Forum Moderators

Tom Irons

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hulu said:

If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears!

hehe, yes, I have already one. :D 

As you know, usually we are assigning the forum sections to be moderated by the member GROUPS, and relatively seldom - by a certain member.

Your plugin currently shows all the users' names, but not the member groups who moderate the section.

I know, it has a possibility  to use the color group for the usernames, but what I suggest and would be happy to see is the ability to choose, how to show the moderators: by the group names, or just by usernames (as it currently works).

Example: section "Games", current moderators: Brian, Nick, Elisa - They all belongs for one group - lets call it "VIP moderators". Why not to show them as a "VIP moderators" without usernames?

But ! The usernames should be kept for the users, who assigned to the section as a user, not a usergroup!

Hopefully you understand my idea.

I had a ticket where your plugin caused some troubles, so i've reviewed your code.. :p

I would suggest to cache the output! Moderators don't change often, so there's no need to run your queries to fetch the moderators and their data each time the widget is loaded. Keep in mind that some boards have > 20 moderators/groups, which can quickly escalate in 20 queries to fetch the moderators/groups + n queries for each moderator to fetch his data.

Another problem is that you're expecting that \IPS\Request::i()->id includes the forum id but that's not the case.

This client had placed the widget on the topic page, which of cause didn't work because

$forum = \IPS\forums\Forum::load( \IPS\Request::i()->id );

will try to load a forum with the id of the topic. If it exists, you'll get the wrong forum, if it doesn't exist, this will result in an exception!
So my next suggestion: Please either check for the controller, to see if you're in a topic or a forum or just allow the usage of this widget on the forum page

9 hours ago, MGeek said:

@ Hulu  обновил плагин - 500 ошибки ... это помогает просто удалить плагин (4.1.8.1)

У меня всё работает. Не забывайте удалять плагин перед обновлением, автор же писал.

All works fine by me as well. Don't forget to remove the previous version. before installing a new one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
5 hours ago, Theme Tent UK said:

Might look bring mine updated as seem very little support on this, only reason placed mine on hold was see if would be replacement.

There hasn't been much support on this cause I've been going through some changes in life. Also, you wouldn't be able to upload a plugin that already exists.

5 hours ago, Tom Irons said:

There hasn't been much support on this cause I've been going through some changes in life. Also, you wouldn't be able to upload a plugin that already exists.

You must be confused why can't I upload plugin from update of old hook I have ? 

There never been rule on how many item look or act the same that can be uploaded here sorry not being rude just making facts.

And we all have life changes trust me I had few that I had to make.

Archived