Linked Accounts - Post As

IPS 4.4.0 was released on 02/21. I use it since then. The app version on 02/13 and it had a simple fix ina php file; the previous version was from July/2018, so I guess if it messed the board like that, someone would already screamed. I always used it on my live site when it was on 4.3.X. I didn’t notice any issue but I don’t use Chrome. I always used Firefox.

I also don’t see any support request with something similar to your issue.

Unfortunately I don’t have any board running 4.3.6 to even make a simple test. 

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

IPS 4.4.0 was released on 02/21. I use it since then. The app version on 02/13 and it had a simple fix ina php file; the previous version was from July/2018, so I guess if it messed the board like that, someone would already screamed. I always used it on my live site when it was on 4.3.X. I didn’t notice any issue but I don’t use Chrome. I always used Firefox.

I also don’t see any support request with something similar to your issue.

Unfortunately I don’t have any board running 4.3.6 to even make a simple test. 

I've only installed in my my sandbox at this point because of the issue, so if you like I can give you access (or  @teraßyte can as well).   

P.S. I have replicated the issue on Safari/Mac as well as Safari on iOS.   The only browser I've been able to get it to work on is Firefox/Windows/Desktop (even firefox iOS app has the same bug). 

Anyway, just let me know if you don't want to look into it so we can arrange a refund.  The app is a useful utility, but I'm not going to be upset if you'd rather just cancel out the purchase instead of looking into it. 

Edited by h2ojunkie
13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Does anyone still running IPS 4.3.6 and latest version of this app (3.1.5.2) to make a online test?

This is the weirdest thing.  I think we've narrowed it down to a conflict between Google tag manager (used to load Google analytics) and this app.  But we're still trying to figure out why the issue only shows up when this app is installed AND Google tag manager is enabled.  But doesn't seem to affect Firefox at all while affecting every other browser.

Will report back if we can figure out what the exact issue is

• 1 month later...

Hi Adriano,

Would you please add a condition for the linkedAccountsGlobalLink template, that will NOT show that link and Icon in the UserBar, when a user has not linked any accounts yet?

Most of the users on my board do not use and will not use linked accounts, but some of them will. And those "some" are still able to link accounts in their Account Settings, so that Icon  in the UserBar is not useful for those, who have not any accounts to link. That's why I raise this request for you. 🙂 

Of course I know about group settings, but sometimes it's not convenient to create a special group for those users, how have linked accounts...

Edited by alexxis
  • 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria Just a quick note that this application throws an error when using IN_DEV with 4.4 because 6 functions in the file applications/linkedaccounts/hooks/la_getAccounts.php don't use the root namespace. I simply updated the 2 functions in this line below 3 times:

return call_user_func_array( 'parent::' . __FUNCTION__, func_get_args() );

to:

return \call_user_func_array( 'parent::' . __FUNCTION__, \func_get_args() );

Hi Adriano,

I noticed pretty long time ago, that linked accounts continue to be linked even if their passwords have been changed by account owner or other users, who has access to it.

For example: Bill and Marc both have an access to another account called "Steam", they have linked to it, but one day Marc changed the password of the "Steam" account, but Bill still has the ability to sign in to "Steam" account by its old password just because he has linked to it earlier. The only way to let Bill unlink to "Steam" is to do it through the ACP, if he doesn't want to do it by himself; password changing doesn't help 😟

How about to automatically unlink those linked accounts, whose passwords have been changed? Let the users link them again, if they know new passwords to them!

Edited by alexxis

Hi Adriano,

There is a bug I found on my board, which is probably caused by your application. It is related to "flood control".

The users, who don't have any linked accounts, but have an access to the application, are not controlled by the global settings "Flood control" here:

image.thumb.png.1f2f59ee15ae9b6bb4d13686c5d29d5d.png

Meaning that any comments the same user posts in one topic one after another, within these 5 minutes, will not be merging into one post! 😞 regardless any global or group settings related to that Flood control.

Once "Linked accounts" are disabled, the "Flood control" works as expected, merging the concurrent post of one user into one post within five minutes (According to the Global settings).

Please help to check, what is going wrong there. If any additional information is needed, let me know.

First time I saw this issue was on IPS 4.3.6, then I updated IPS to 4.4.4, updated your application to 3.1.6.1, and the issue is still here 😞 

Thanks,

8 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

How is configured your Merge Concurrent Posts setting?

image.thumb.png.1fbe2ac7cb3504bdaf95071d3d39287a.png

😞 I saw that I explained not correctly in my speech above. I meant the problem with merging concurrent posts, not flood control, sorry for confusing. So the problem exists with merging concurrent posts done by one users! The posts are not merged within 5 minutes, when Linked accounts are enabled.

• 2 months later...

Hi @Adriano Faria I'm just wondering before I invest in this product.

Does this allow users to be linked to an account but can't log into the main account.

So example I could have two users under InvisionPower for example it shows their name Michael Dance then underneath it InvisionPower:

Display Picture

Michael Dance

- InvisionPower

Just now, Ticaga said:

Hi @Adriano Faria I'm just wondering before I invest in this product.

Does this allow users to be linked to an account but can't log into the main account.

So example I could have two users under InvisionPower for example it shows their name Michael Dance then underneath it InvisionPower:

Display Picture

Michael Dance

- InvisionPower

I’m not sure I understand your example. Anyway, you can login in any account you link to and switch back to your account with a click in a link.

Say you link to John Doe’s account. Ok. But John Doe cannot link to yours just because you linked to their account. I guess this is your question?

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m not sure I understand your example. Anyway, you can login in any account you link to and switch back to your account with a click in a link.

Say you link to John Doe’s account. Ok. But John Doe cannot link to yours just because you linked to their account. I guess this is your question?

Sort off.

Let's say for example you and me work together in a company. We have a company account and we connect both of ours to the company account. I would like to know if that's possible so we can show say the main account name? We work for Amazing IPB Plugins so that's the name of the parent account.
But when we post it says Adriano Faria - Amazing IPB Plugins