Linked Accounts - Post As

9 hours ago, Brainy S. said:

I would be extremely curious to know if you are able to replicate this problem based on the steps I provided, or not.

I can confirm the hook working even with the app setting disabled, that is fixed, but I got no error when I change the author.

Tested on my dev board (4.3.5), author is changed, no error logged.

Tested on my online board (4.3.4), no error logged:

Let me know if I did something different than your post. If I did, please, be clear and straight.

Edited by Adriano Faria

- Log in as admin (note this admin shouldn't have linked accounts or turn of the setting Allowed Groups to POST AS another member) and edit that topic.

Now topic author is Guest

BTW the above setting is not displayed correctly on ACP

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select( 'la_groups_postas', \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_protected == '*' ? "*" : explode( ',', \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_postas )

3 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

- Log in as admin (note this admin shouldn't have linked accounts or turn of the setting Allowed Groups to POST AS another member) and edit that topic.

Yes, it wasn't checking the setting. Now it is so that's probably why I can't reproduce as I fixed this before test and make the video.

public function processAfterEdit( $values )
	{
		parent::processAfterEdit( $values );

if ( \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_allowed == '*' OR \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->inGroup( explode( ',', \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_allowed ) ) AND ( \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_postas == '*' OR \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->inGroup( explode( ',', \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_postas ) ) ) )
		{
			if ( $this->starter_id !== $values[ 'la_topic_author' ] )
			{
				$this->changeAuthor( \IPS\Member::load( $values[ 'la_topic_author' ] ) );
				$post = \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::load( $this->topic_firstpost );
				$post->author_id 	= $this->author()->member_id;
				$post->author_name 	= $this->author()->name;
				$post->save();
			}
		}
	}

Will fix the setting.

Tks.

5 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Now it is so that's probably why I can't reproduce as I fixed this before test and make the video.

That fix also doesn't work

On the video you create/edit topic as one member

You need 1 admin account without linked users

la.thumb.jpg.cec6949f9a428e49c1c404dd31da1a31.jpg

In this case $values[ 'la_topic_author' ] is null

if ( $this->starter_id !== null )

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Adriano Faria

I have been experiencing some issues on my 4.3 board with v3.1.5.2.

On the Account Settings page I get the following error:

[[Template core/front/system/settings is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP 

I tracked the error down to

data/theme.xml:123

<template template_group="global" template_name="linkedAccountsGlobalLink" template_data="" template_location="front" template_app="linkedaccounts"><![CDATA[{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->la_on AND \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_allowed == '*' OR \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->inGroup( explode( ',', \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_allowed ) )}}

Simply checking for NULL first fixes it i.e

<template template_group="global" template_name="linkedAccountsGlobalLink" template_data="" template_location="front" template_app="linkedaccounts"><![CDATA[{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->la_on AND \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_allowed == '*' OR ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn() != NULL AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->inGroup( explode( ',', \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_allowed ) ))}}

Not sure why \IPS\Member::loggedIn() would return NULL but apparently it does sometimes

Can’t reproduce. LoggedIn() will return a guest if it isn’t a member and Guests can’t use this app; Guests isn’t an option in the allowed groups setting. Instead of checking NULL, check if it is a member:

if \IPS\Settings::i()->la_on AND \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_allowed == '*' OR ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->inGroup( explode( ',', \IPS\Settings::i()->la_groups_allowed ) )

I’ll take a look in the logs of my both boards.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...

Forgive my stupidity, but I installed it via uploading the tarball; however, the "Linked Accounts" feature isn't available to the users. It shows as an Application which is installed, but no luck. I am running the latest version of the forum software.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Just now, Robert Parten said:

Forgive my stupidity, but I installed it via uploading the tarball; however, the "Linked Accounts" feature isn't available to the users. It shows as an Application which is installed, but no luck. I am running the latest version of the forum software.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Did you used the settings? Choose which groups can use it?

1487269528_Screenshot7.png.2dc21cd8a815c

First, I applaud the incredibly fast response, I must say I am very appreciative of your response time on this, I know it is community driven, but you've exceeded expectation.

My screen is different, I was literally looking for the exact same layout but couldn't find it, I did locate it this way, attached screenshot. Sorry for my ignorance and not investigating the layout of my platform a little better, but your screen shot gave me the hint I needed to find it. Once again, many thanks and forgive me, I am new to this forum software.

linkeda.PNG

2 minutes ago, Robert Parten said:

First, I applaud the incredibly fast response, I must say I am very appreciative of your response time on this, I know it is community driven, but you've exceeded expectation.

My screen is different, I was literally looking for the exact same layout but couldn't find it, I did locate it this way, attached screenshot. Sorry for my ignorance and not investigating the layout of my platform a little better, but your screen shot gave me the hint I needed to find it. Once again, many thanks and forgive me, I am new to this forum software.

Yes, screnshots on Community page can vary due to the resources you got installed.

Thanks for your kind words. 🙂

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any known issues with the latest version of this app on IPS 4.3.6 and chrome?   

I just bought this app, and it works 100% on firefox.  But on chrome, after installing the app, the main navigation doesn't work as intended. 

The app installs fine, I'm able to go to my account settings and link an account fine but here's where I go wrong

For example on mobile - once the app is installed - simply opening the main mobile nav menu causes you to instantly be logged out of the site.

On desktop with the full desktop nav - trying to click on the "linked accounts" icon opens the modal for a split second, before it redirects to an error page for the app <board url>/linkedaccounts/accounts/   But this redirect only happens if you've linked an account.  If no accounts are linked, clicking the icon opens the modal correctly.   The "create" menu and the user menu both open and work, but the notification, PM and report center icons all end up instantly redirecting to the corresponding page for each feature instead of opening the modal.  So whatever is causing the linked accounts icon to not properly open the modal without triggering a page navigation, is also affecting the other 3 icons i mentioned. 

No JS errors thrown.  Running support tool and flushing the browser cache have no affect either.