Linked Accounts - Post As

Hi Adriano

Is it possible for an admin to link 2 accounts without needing the password etc in the admincp?

I would like to prelink accounts to save users having to do it.

Also can user a and user b both be linked to user c?

Thanks

59 minutes ago, sudo said:

Is it possible for an admin to link 2 accounts without needing the password etc in the admincp?

This resource will always require the password to link the account. You can use the standard login as in the ACP and it won’t require the password. 

1 hour ago, sudo said:

Also can user a and user b both be linked to user c?

Yes.

41 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can use the standard login as in the ACP and it won’t require the password. 

Can you elaborate a bit? I have not used the addon much after buying it a while ago.

EDIT: Sorry I think I understand what you meant, you mean use the ACP feature where I can sign into an account. Although you said password would be required I meant I would like to use the ACP to link user a and user b to user c without both those account having to do it via the handshake approach. I meant I can hack in the SQL entry to link them but I just thought it would be nice to do via the ACP.

This would allow me to create an account for announcements and add users into it for access when doing a task and removing it later such as staff etc.

Aka a fully administered linked accounts approach with no ability for users to link themselves without an ACP action.

Edited by sudo

This resource will always require you to type the user password because you’re supposed to switch to your other accounts. IPS4 has a LOGIN AS in the profile ACP where you as admin can do it without knowing the user password. Use it if you want to login in someone’s account without know their password. 

Fair enough I guess, I did edit further above to explain the scenario as I would like it to have a x company account with the companies staff ACP added to allow them to post as x company account then switch back to their own accounts all while they are not ACP users themselves and remove the need for passwords for x company account.

4 minutes ago, sudo said:

Fair enough I guess, I did edit further above to explain the scenario as I would like it to have a x company account with the companies staff ACP added to allow them to post as x company account then switch back to their own accounts all while they are not ACP users themselves and remove the need for passwords for x company account.

That’s the app goal. Create a company account and share the username/password with your moderators and they will be able to link to it. 

They will be able to post as the company account and switch back to their accounts. 

Yeah there are ways to work around it I guess, I just fancied a tool in the ACP to push 2 accounts into a linked arrangement without the end users having to do it and actually preventing end users from linking accounts themselves.

I can work around it using SQL.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Adriano Faria

I have just updated to 4.6.12.1, and then updated "Linked accounts" application, and I found, that the feature "Hide Linked Accounts global link when there are no accounts linked?" is not working well on my board 😞

When enabled, the "Linked Accounts global link" is NOT shown on the userBar:

image.png.7063da3204f2698122d4ad531f533219.png

although I have lots of linked accounts. Users with or without linked accounts do not have that icon on their Userbars.

When Not enabled, the "Linked Accounts global link" is shown on the userBar to anyone, including those users, who do not have any linked accounts 😞

But that feature intend was, when enabled, to not show that icon to those users, who do not have and even do not plan to have linked accounts.

The default theme is used, cache was cleared up.

Could you please test and confirm, if there is an issue with the application or my local problem?

Thanks,

16 hours ago, alexxis said:

I have just updated to 4.6.12.1, and then updated "Linked accounts" application, and I found, that the feature "Hide Linked Accounts global link when there are no accounts linked?" is not working well on my board

Confirmed. Will release a fix somewhere next week.

In the meantime, you can leave it disabled to always show the link. It is ajaxed now so there's no extra query anymore. Query will happen only when you click in the link.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/13/2022 at 5:56 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Fix submitted to the marketplace. You now have to wait for IPS to review and approve the submission.

Thank you for the fix, Adriano.

Now there is strange number one (1) appears every time on every page:

image.png.8ee6ac18268670b9bf39e0635343be4b.png

What does this number mean, and how to remove it from the page?
It shows one (1) there always, even if there are no unread messages or unread notifications in the linked accounts, even if there are more than 1 account linked to the profile.

Please check,
Thank you

Is that new setting changeable? I have not see that this is possible to change it in the application settings.
I just want to disable this setting, since it is always shows number "1" (one) as on my picture above, even if the user has more than one linked account, such like 5, 7 or 9 - it will always shows 1 😞

11 hours ago, alexxis said:

Is that new setting changeable? I have not see that this is possible to change it in the application settings.
I just want to disable this setting, since it is always shows number "1" (one) as on my picture above, even if the user has more than one linked account, such like 5, 7 or 9 - it will always shows 1 😞

If you want to fix it now and don't want to wait for the time it may took to get approved, edit your theme in the template linkedaccounts -> front -> global -> linkedAccountsGlobalLink and find:

{{$cnt = isset( \IPS\Data\Store::i()->linkdedAccounts[ \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id ] ) ? \IPS\Data\Store::i()->linkdedAccounts[ \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id ] : 0;}}

Change to:

{{$cnt = isset( \IPS\Data\Store::i()->linkdedAccounts[ \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id ] ) ? \IPS\Data\Store::i()->linkdedAccounts[ \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id ]['accounts'] : 0;}}

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Adriano,

I found one issue with the application. Imagine I have another account, linked to my account, and in case I ban that account, I still will have it linked to me, which causes that I am still able to use that banned account to post new messages / create topics on the entire community. I think this is an incorrect behavior.

Lets add a rule, that once a linked account is banned, it will be automatically unlinked from any other users, who linked that account previously.

Thank you,

1 hour ago, alexxis said:

which causes that I am still able to use that banned account to post new messages / create topics on the entire community.

Did you test or are you just guessing? If the account is banned, no. You won’t be able to do anything:

AMHsasA.png

Anyway, I’ll take a look when I have to release a new version. Will unlink when the account is set as spam and/or banned.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 3:13 AM, alexxis said:

Sure, once we log in to the linked banned account, this message "Banned" will appear.

But I am talking about possibility to Post as banned linked account (while being logged in to my own account)! Your application allows this incorrect *feature*.

What's New in Version 3.4.1:

• Unlink/delete association with banned and spam accounts
  • Logs enhancements to detect when an account was unliked:
    • by the member on front-end
    • by an Admin on ACP
    • by the system if the user is banned or set as a spammer
  • Fix settings form

726277263_Capturadetela2022-12-24094050.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...