Linked Accounts - Post As

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

If you have linked accounts but you’re not using any at the moment, you have an option to create topics or reply to topics in a linked account behalf. If you’re logged in as a linked account then the topic or post will be authored by the linked account. 

Ok so this isn't a plugin I need?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey @Paul E.,

I know you mentioned you couldn't provide ACP access for debugging, but were you able to try simply temporarily disabling Adriano's app and then manually running the process task for Account Deactivation and see if the error persists?

You can manually run the task by searching for "tasks":

image.png.36a1db1882a212f52d7e3fb0990e68de.png

Then in tasks, search for the process task,

image.thumb.png.c3219e6d32f31a3f31222651a1e0d768.png

If you get an error even with Adriano's application disabled, then it's likely something I need to address. If it only occurs when both are enabled, it's a conflict we'll figure out together.

Just now, Makoto said:

Hey @Paul E.,

I know you mentioned you couldn't provide ACP access for debugging, but were you able to try simply temporarily disabling Adriano's app and then manually running the process task for Account Deactivation and see if the error persists?

image.png.36a1db1882a212f52d7e3fb0990e68de.png

Then in tasks, search for the process task,

image.thumb.png.c3219e6d32f31a3f31222651a1e0d768.png

If you get an error even with Adriano's application disabled, then it's likely something I need to address. If it only occurs when both are enabled, it's a conflict we'll figure out together.

Hi @Makoto,

It doesn't happen every time the task runs--in fact, it often runs without issue. We can't disable Linked Accounts as we use it heavily--doing so would be rather disruptive to our production site. Running the task manually works just fine unless the process is locked. In those instances, unlocking the task and then running it works just fine.

We use cron to process tasks and we have a high volume site, so that there are messages involving guests is odd.

The process lock only appeared when we added the ability to delete accounts. Previously we were only using the deactivate option. We can temporarily disable the deletion option and see if the process lock goes away, yet as mentioned--it's not an issue on every hourly execution--only sometimes.

Ah, okay. I don't mean you need to disable it permanently, just for a brief moment while you run the task for testing, but if it only happens at random intervals it would probably be hard to reproduce anyways.

I'll try and see if I can maybe reproduce this locally.

11 minutes ago, Makoto said:

That's pointless with errors like https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/451728-account-deactivation/?do=findComment&comment=2817404, they'll only appear once the task was executed by the CLI 😉

LOCATION_UNKNOWN

#0 /path/to/html/root/system/Member/Member.php(154): IPS\_Session::I()
#8 /path/to/html/root/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(56): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the 30 minute time limit before switching back to the original account? My members love being able to link accounts but I have had feedback that being automatically switched mid-post has led to many incorrectly attributed posts and many therefore choose not to use the feature. I was just wondering if there was a way I could give them some certainty that the linked accounts will only switch when they choose? 

Thanks so much for your incredibly helpful products. 

1 hour ago, Macem said:

Hi there, I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the 30 minute time limit before switching back to the original account? My members love being able to link accounts but I have had feedback that being automatically switched mid-post has led to many incorrectly attributed posts and many therefore choose not to use the feature. I was just wondering if there was a way I could give them some certainty that the linked accounts will only switch when they choose? 

Hello,

This is handled by the Core. Not sure I can change that behavior. I didn’t take a look but I guess this is the session time, so if the user keeps using it, it won’t have a limit; if the user didn’t use it for the session time, it switches back to the main account. But that’s just a guess. It can be a cookie too  

Will take a look when I have to release a new version. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 5 months later...

Great mod especially for brand new forums. I did notice something though. When I post as an other user and then edit the post or thread it will show up as the main account editing as opposed to the linked account. Is there a way to stop that from happening? Thanks!

On 1/30/2022 at 1:18 PM, Greek76 said:

Great mod especially for brand new forums. I did notice something though. When I post as an other user and then edit the post or thread it will show up as the main account editing as opposed to the linked account. Is there a way to stop that from happening? Thanks!

Thanks. Will make some tests.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:25 AM, Joey_M said:

Sometimes I find that when I select to post as another account, it will just post under my default one. I have to refresh the browser myself to get it to work.

Even after refreshing it doesn't always post as whom I intend.

Sometimes is too vague. Need steps to try to reproduce and fix, if that’s the case.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:25 AM, Joey_M said:

Sometimes I find that when I select to post as another account, it will just post under my default one. I have to refresh the browser myself to get it to work.

Even after refreshing it doesn't always post as whom I intend.

On 1/30/2022 at 1:18 PM, Greek76 said:

Can't reproduce:

If you both can provide steps, I'm happy to test it again.