Linked Accounts - Post As

• 1 month later...

Hello @Adriano Faria!

I just had a quick question when it comes to accounts that are logged in. I noticed that it shows on the "Who's Online" list, like where you can see the number of "Guest, Registered, and Anonymous" list, but when you check the "Who Was Online" list where it shows the people who were logged in for that day, it appears that it doesn't show the accounts as logged in. I was wondering what was going on with this. Because I was hoping for all members who are logging in to show up on this list. 

If my words confused you, just take a look at this picture and it explains it all. I am logged into my Zander account, but it's not showing up on the "Who's Online" list at the bottom. I have to physically log out and log into that specific account in order to show up. 

Capture.PNG

6 hours ago, Hunter Holmes said:

I just had a quick question when it comes to accounts that are logged in. I noticed that it shows on the "Who's Online" list, like where you can see the number of "Guest, Registered, and Anonymous" list, but when you check the "Who Was Online" list where it shows the people who were logged in for that day, it appears that it doesn't show the accounts as logged in. I was wondering what was going on with this. Because I was hoping for all members who are logging in to show up on this list. 

Hi there.

Well, this app uses the core feature SIGN AS, the same from the member profile in ACP . Please, test it there (logging in as a member via ACP) and take a look if the user appears in the widget.

@Adriano Faria

I have tried what you have asked and the user still does not show up within the widget. 

I should of probably mentioned that my main account on my first post was "Professor Connor Lexington". So, I was logged in with Professor Connor Lexington's account and I switched my account into Zander's account. 

Edited by Hunter Holmes
41 minutes ago, Hunter Holmes said:

@Adriano Faria

I have tried what you have asked and the user still does not show up within the widget. 

I should of probably mentioned that my main account on my first post was "Professor Connor Lexington". So, I was logged in with Professor Connor Lexington's account and I switched my account into Zander's account. 

Yes, if it doesn't appear in the Core feature that's why it doesn't "update" the online list cache or it's something in the widget. Working as intended. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Trying to get this to work without much success. Installed everything fine and set the permissions up as I would like them to be, the issue is when trying to link an account the page reloads but nothing has changed. The account hasn't been linked and nothing has changed. Using the latest IPS 4.2.6 and Linked Accounts 3.0.7

On 05/01/2018 at 2:28 AM, Phuturism said:

Trying to get this to work without much success. Installed everything fine and set the permissions up as I would like them to be, the issue is when trying to link an account the page reloads but nothing has changed. The account hasn't been linked and nothing has changed. Using the latest IPS 4.2.6 and Linked Accounts 3.0.7

On 05/01/2018 at 6:45 AM, Adriano Faria said:

I use latest on my board and didn’t notice any issue. Send a PM with credentials so I can take a look. 

The isse was related to HTTPS.

What's New in Version 3.0.8:

• Fixed error when trying to link to account over HTTPS.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adriano,

Good day! I need a little bit of help. This might be an overall issue with me not understanding IPS well yet...so, my apologies if that's the case. I'm still learning.

I am trying to track down an issue with getting email alerts when we do mentions. We use this feature to tag the next writer in the story to add their segment. I searched on this topic to see if anyone else had this problem, but did not get any results back. I have also contacted the host I use for our email domain. They did not find any issues based on the few examples I was able to provide them.

The scenario: We have created multiple character accounts so that we can write our scenes under that account. To do this, I set up an email domain since IPS does not allow multiple registrations on a single email address. So, for example, I have my main account (Stormwolfe) and I have a character account that uses the domain I created (bobthecharacter@domain.com).

The issue: When someone mentions "me" (Stormwolfe), I get the email alert that I was mentioned in a post. But, if they forget and mention BobtheCharacter instead. I don't get the email and sometimes don't even get the notification on the site.

I know I probably need to provide you with more information, but not sure what you would need for checking out this. Just starting to work on tracking down the issue since my email domain host declared everything working correctly.

Thank you very much for your time,

~~ Stormwolfe

14 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

The issue: When someone mentions "me" (Stormwolfe), I get the email alert that I was mentioned in a post. But, if they forget and mention BobtheCharacter instead. I don't get the email and sometimes don't even get the notification on the site.

Hi there.

Are you using a real email address or a fake one? This is handled by the framework itself: if you’re using a valid email and the user has set that wants to receive emails, he will receive. 

8 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Are you using a real email address or a fake one? This is handled by the framework itself: if you’re using a valid email and the user has set that wants to receive emails, he will receive. 

That's what I needed to know! The email addresses are real. I set up a domain on my server to be used for email addresses for our "character" accounts. I understand why IPS prohibits signing up for multiple accounts on one email address, but it majorly impacts storytelling type roleplay.

Anyway, the issue is apparently somewhere in my set-up since my server host says the email logs are clean. 

Thanks for the help! Narrows down what I need to look at.

Hey @Adriano Faria!

Love this application. Got a puzzling permissions error though. 

When I link accounts, and use the button to sign in as another account, I get "Account as Admin". But when my members try, they get "Member as Member" rather than "Member as OtherAccount".

When I drop a user into the admin group, they can use it perfectly. Is this possibly related to the minor upgrade that was released?

5 hours ago, Mousie said:

Hey @Adriano Faria!

Love this application. Got a puzzling permissions error though. 

When I link accounts, and use the button to sign in as another account, I get "Account as Admin". But when my members try, they get "Member as Member" rather than "Member as OtherAccount".

When I drop a user into the admin group, they can use it perfectly. Is this possibly related to the minor upgrade that was released?

Sorry, not clear what you're reporting. Feel free to send a PM so I can check it in your board.