Do not clear autosave on submit, wait for confirmation

TSP

I've mentioned this before... I just lost a rather long post which I'm not very tempted to write again. The reason is that you had the forum down for maintenance, which gave a 503-response. 

Currently you clear the autosave / browser local storage for the editor the moment you click submit for that editor field. Please change this so it's only cleared when the browser receives confirmation of the content added as a post / comment / whatever in the database. 

I want you to clear the contents "on the side of caution": I would rather erroneously have an autosave of something that've already been published than to not have an autosave of something which wasn't published...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I also experienced this on the preview board for 4.1 one day. Let me say I was not happy since I had written 10+ paragraphs. Luckily I was able to go back in my browser at the time and it was still there (Which is not always the case when I go back in the browser) 

Honest question: is the autosave related in any way to the zombie-like retention of attachments and content I sometimes experience? I still find stuff in the editor (and sometimes inserted into posts) that are from previous posts. 

I'd like to eat my cake and have it too.  Don't lose what I'm working on but after posting truly completes, flush it.

Archived