ipdownload, no hdd space left. what to do?

sasiko

ive been asking many times over 3 years for ips to expand ipdownloads feature but all replies ends with "its not in our plan to develope such feature"

the thing is that some ips customers utilize ipdownload with big files and in my case i have 2x2TB hdd but the issue here is that my 1st hdd runs out of hdd space while my second hdd got 1.8TB free space, practically unused. Is it it so difficult to allow customers to add a secondary storage path and let customers set a default storagepath this way old files can be stored in 1st hdd and still be able to download while the default storage path will be the path for users to upload new files on?

its also bad that users can still upload directly when my server got no space left. Should allow admin to set usergroup to only submit url only

I think thats nothing ipdownloads have to deal with, it's a serverthing.

I use LVM to add space to paths... Ipdownload do not know, what hdd to use, it just has a path and i add space on what hdd i want to that path using lvm (in your case, the path has a size of 4 TB including all files of the old hdd and the new hdd)

ipdownload is only designed for small files yes but they could expand their feature to offer some option for ppl who does have hdd space issue.

is it that difficult to instruct ipdownload to store on a new storage path  while leaving the old ones alone?

and you are assuming i have lvm extension which i dont since i use ext4

Archived