Understanding "Renewal fees"?

J33f

Group Collaboration - FULL 1.2.0

$75.00 · Renewal Term: $55.00 per year

So, I'm curious about how this works. I pay 75$ for the application for my IPS 4.0 and then it runs just fine and dandy.

At the end of the year, does it lock out? And then it's not available afterward...?

Or is that just a 1-time buy in and then the 55$ renewal is to purchase further updates after the year is up?

The forum software will still work even if your renewal term expires - it just doesn't allow you access to upgrades, doesn't allow support tickets and I believe that it might also restrict you from certain forums.

Not sure about accessing the market place section for app downloads....

At the end of the year, does it lock out?

Unless the licensing terms state otherwise, the app won't lock out. You can continue to use it.

And then it's not available afterward...?

If anything you will no longer have access to support or able to download the app. So while your license is active, keep checking for the latest releases and store it in a safe place in case you ever need to reinstall the app.

... so does it stop working after the first year?

You'll need to read the licensing terms for each app you purchased, but it's very unlikely that will happen. Most if not all the apps are based on a "perpetual" license, which grants you the right to use them uninterrupted. *Read what IPS software versions these apps support.

If you are unsure, I suggest that you contact the authors of the apps in question, and they can tell you with 100% certainty.

Archived