Recently Browsing is not really...

chilihead

Recently Browsing should be Currently Browsing. If they leave the page their online location changes and does not show in this box. This wording makes it sound like it logs recent browsers, as in, it would stay listed 30 minutes (or set time) after they were last active on that page (which could be a cool feature actually). Currently means they are still on that page and have not clicked anywhere else on the site yet, even if they are inactive (in which case it would time out). But recently suggests it logs recent visits. 

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, KevinGrand said:

Are there any plugins that implement currently browsing functionality? Coming from vB, fourms look so dead without it.

I found one reason forums are always empty. If you are reading a topic for some odd reason you are not listed as being in that forum. But you didn't leave the forum, the topic is in the forum. You should still be listed as being in that forum. Like in 3.4.

4 hours ago, Koby said:

The block is there for it. You just enable it.

but....

as above posts report ... it doesn't work, in fact i found out that rather than inform members how active your forum is it does the opposite - it gives a false reading that your site is less active than it actually is

i gave it a test and switched off after a few days after seeing how poor it was

On 11/25/2015, 4:02:36, sound said:

but....

as above posts report ... it doesn't work, in fact i found out that rather than inform members how active your forum is it does the opposite - it gives a false reading that your site is less active than it actually is

i gave it a test and switched off after a few days after seeing how poor it was

Exactly! Hope they fix the forum browsing soon. Reading a topic should not remove you from the forum you are reading it in.

Archived