Rotate pictures

Square Wheels

I thought 4.0 would have addressed this. Major social media sites do. The image is actually sideways (when you take a landscape pic on your device) but your device knows the intended orientation so it adds an orientation tag to the image. When you upload to sites that detect this, it is displayed with the correct orientation without having to edit. 4.0 should detect this imo.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/digitalphotography/f/sideways-pictures.htm

Or yes, a rotation tool (which is available in the upload/thumb pane), but really, they should be keeping up with technology. Actually that should be added as well as we should be able to rotate when needed.

I've always thought that it would be nice if the purchase of IP.Gallery would add a global toolkit to rotate / crop / edit photos anywhere in the suite.   

Yesyesyesyes! Gallery should have basic image editing, and if that function worked elsewhere on the site it would be amazing :)

I thought 4.0 would have addressed this. Major social media sites do. The image is actually sideways (when you take a landscape portrait pic on your device) but your device knows the intended orientation so it adds an orientation tag to the image. When you upload to sites that detect this, it is displayed with the correct orientation without having to edit. 4.0 should detect this imo.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/digitalphotography/f/sideways-pictures.htm

Or yes, a rotation tool (which is available in the upload/thumb pane), but really, they should be keeping up with technology. Actually that should be added as well as we should be able to rotate when needed.

Correction, when you take a portrait pic. Anyway, your phone knows you are taking a portrait pic and you do not want a sideways landscape pic, so it adds the orientation tag. That's why in your phone, in the albums, it looks correct. No matter how you hold your phone, all photos have the correct orientation. And when you upload to FB etc., it is also correct because it detects the orientation tag.

So IPS could add the orientation tag detection. That would be awesome. I have many users that complain about this and ask why our site turned their pic sideways, not knowing it actually is sideways.

Archived