Notification for new report comments

Day_

This is a request for the lovely developers, I would like to request that you code in a nice little notification for when a new comment by a moderator has been made on reported content.

I'm lazy, like really lazy and this would help save me from manually checking the report for new comments and allow me more time watching daytime TV.

Thanks

This is a request for the lovely developers, I would like to request that you code in a nice little notification for when a new comment by a moderator has been made on reported content.

I'm lazy, like really lazy and this would help save me from manually checking the report for new comments and allow me more time watching daytime TV.

Thanks

This post wins Honesty of the Week community award.

• 5 months later...

So in 4.x in Notification Settings under General > "A Report Is Posted", checking the "Notification List" option actually doesn't send notifications to the true "bell" notifications but to the Reported Content symbol?

If so, boo, that's confusing.

If not, did I miss a setting?

• The number of notifications is always X or X+something if you don't check in on them unless you do in which case it is now 0.
  • The number in reported content is always in flux and you can't tell from that number if there's new reports or not...

...today I visit and there's 3 reports. Tomorrow I visit and there's 3 reports but what has happened is that 3 were marked complete and 3 new reports came in.

True report notifications (for both the report and report comments) make mod life easier.

13 hours ago, David T. Cole said:

So in 4.x in Notification Settings under General > "A Report Is Posted", checking the "Notification List" option actually doesn't send notifications to the true "bell" notifications but to the Reported Content symbol?

If so, boo, that's confusing.

If not, did I miss a setting?

• The number of notifications is always X or X+something if you don't check in on them unless you do in which case it is now 0.
  • The number in reported content is always in flux and you can't tell from that number if there's new reports or not...

...today I visit and there's 3 reports. Tomorrow I visit and there's 3 reports but what has happened is that 3 were marked complete and 3 new reports came in.

True report notifications (for both the report and report comments) make mod life easier.

I didn't realise that the setting only controlled whether the badge is shown, and not whether you actually get any notifications. I've included it in this bug report.

Archived