Double Post Issue?

JEFF MACK

Just wondering if anyone else has issues with double posting from members?  My moderators tell me about the amount of double post clean ups that they do, and I just had an other member ask about it in my site question forum.  I am wondering if might just be my issue, or do others run into this as well?

This here is a quote from the member that just posted the question.

Am I the only one having double post issues?  I know there have been issues in the past with double posts on the app, but 50% of my posts have been getting doubled up through desktop.  I'm sure I'm not double-clicking.  I notice the issue normally happens when it takes a little long for the post to go through.

There are a couple options that you could consider. I sent one participant a pm because he was consistently double posting so I gave him this work around for posting:  Write post on reply option-->review--> click on "Alt S" on your keyboard.  That worked.

A second option for you to consider (what I use for my board) for double posting is as follows: ACP-->System Settings-->Forum Tab-->Topics,Posts and Polls-->go down to the category "Making a Post" and the last option is "Merge member's concurrent post"-->change the 0 to 1. Your mods should be happy thereafter.

Just wondering if anyone else has issues with double posting from members?  My moderators tell me about the amount of double post clean ups that they do, and I just had an other member ask about it in my site question forum.  I am wondering if might just be my issue, or do others run into this as well?

This here is a quote from the member that just posted the question.

i dont have double post but i have 4 post in same time :/

There are a couple options that you could consider. I sent one participant a pm because he was consistently double posting so I gave him this work around for posting:  Write post on reply option-->review--> click on "Alt S" on your keyboard.  That worked.

A second option for you to consider (what I use for my board) for double posting is as follows: ACP-->System Settings-->Forum Tab-->Topics,Posts and Polls-->go down to the category "Making a Post" and the last option is "Merge member's concurrent post"-->change the 0 to 1. Your mods should be happy thereafter.

you talking about version 3 of ipb ?

Archived