4.0 editor, no right click, paste, unless pointer is on same line as cursor

chilihead

In 3.4 you could put the pointer anywhere in the window, right click, paste, and it would appear where the cursor is. In 4.0 the paste option does not appear unless the arrow is on the same line as the cursor.

This causes members to think something is wrong with paste. Especially when you have an empty editor, and the cursor is at the top. You click anywhere in the window but paste does not appear.

Instructing members to line up the cursor and pointer is not practical, and is a never ending cycle. Can this be addressed? Thanks

Oh dear lord. This has come up so many times it is not funny. It's caused by how a given browser handles contenteditable, not anything to do with CKE, not anything that CAN be fixed, and 3.4 did the same thing.

Fair enough. Still annoying :D

I don't see why if it works in 3.4 it can't in 4.0.

And yes it works in 3.4, I know this for a fact, and just tested to make sure. You can start a new topic, the cursor is at the top, you can right click anywhere in that window, bottom right corner, anywhere, and you get the paste option. In 4.0 it is not there.

Using Chrome if that matters.

Marcher is correct, it all depends on what the browser determines as "editable." This may differ between the two versions and even between browsers, but is not specific to our software. The CKEditor demo also does it, if you clear it out completely.

I'm also pretty sure that moving to the div based editor (as you are) might actually overcome this - I'll pull down a copy to test.

Just another reason to implement redactor.

*It just took me 8 goes to post this because everytime I clicked in the reply box, I got sent back to the topic list.

How many bugs does his editor have, especially on mobile. I've honestly lost count.

Why on earth didn't you change 12 months ago when these same issues were reported?

With CKEditor Div version, this problem don't occur. You can test it here: http://ckeditor.com/demo#div

Correct. So it is the editor (or maybe a combo of things but that editor fixes it).

I'm also pretty sure that moving to the div based editor (as you are) might actually overcome this

They are moving to this editor? If so, cool. Problem solved. But why didn't they mention this in their reply? 

Correct. So it is the editor (or maybe a combo of things but that editor fixes it).

They are moving to this editor? If so, cool. Problem solved. But why didn't they mention this in their reply? 

Probably because it's been mentioned countless times already, and is also listed in the 'Coming Soon' section of the release notes and has been for a while now.

I meant, this reply doesn't say it's fixed in the coming editor. The fact that is it, awesome. Perhaps he didn't know.

Marcher is correct, it all depends on what the browser determines as "editable." This may differ between the two versions and even between browsers, but is not specific to our software. The CKEditor demo also does it, if you clear it out completely.

Probably because it's been mentioned countless times already, and is also listed in the 'Coming Soon' section of the release notes and has been for a while now.

I'm "following" Release Notes but I never get notifications. I'm not sure exactly what I am following. But yes I see it there. It would be nice if the notifications worked when they added things. :)

Archived