(NB40) Mentions

newbie LAC

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question about a possible feature? Would there be a way to simplify this to have either "users" or "groups" to be tagged? By this if I tag @admins then it will auto-detect the admins and tag them all. Instead of having to manually change this when member groups change?

Question about a possible feature? Would there be a way to simplify this to have either "users" or "groups" to be tagged? By this if I tag @admins then it will auto-detect the admins and tag them all. Instead of having to manually change this when member groups change?

Hello,

How will it work?

I thought to add the option of choice

type.thumb.png.6d7a417361449689872412304

Then when you select set all members of group added to the editor

I'm not sure how you have it setup on the back end but something where you you choose group and it doesn't have a users field for that one.and it generates the list of users when they choose it from the drop down.

@newbie LAC

1. You created set "Admins" based on group Administrators

2. Selected fron menu

seta.thumb.png.bd6fb9136cb1feba9ae4075ba

3. Result seta2.thumb.png.a4b651a760667621c353243f

It is only in theory

Another way use custom group tag. And when you'll create post this tag will be replaced by names

That's fine (it being replaced by names) but what I'm asking is, is it dynamic or every time I add/remove a staff member I have to go in and remove them from this.

You do not need to add users manually.

If it's dynamic, I choose a group and it throws only the people in that group in, awesome!

Including secondary groups. Maybe I'll add option 'Yes/no' for this.

Repeat while I did not do it. At the moment, I'm interested in people's opinions about it

• 3 weeks later...

Does this improve the current method of using mentions @Newbie LAC? (perfect example - The tagging menu failed to load, for some reason it does far more for me than it does work.)

It would be nice if this did as the 3.4 mod did and ^ turn the @whatever automatically into a mention. The popup list is great when it works but annoying when it fails, so of this permits this method also it would be brill!

Does this improve the current method of using mentions @Newbie LAC?

I don't know what you think.

My app allow create mention sets. If you would like to mention a group of people you do not need to add individually. Create set for this.

Also app add mention link bellow posts (I mean userInfoPane).

It would be nice if this did as the 3.4 mod did and ^ turn the @whatever automatically into a mention. 

I wrote my position about this feature

I don't know what you think.

My app allow create mention sets. If you would like to mention a group of people you do not need to add individually. Create set for this.

Also app add mention link bellow posts (I mean userInfoPane).

I wrote my position about this feature

From the screenshots it looks that it does improve things, I am really interested to know if I tag someone but the system doesn't allow me to select them - Does this resolve that and automatically tag the member?

I was going to suggest this sooner, though I didn't want to offend or annoy you.

Yet, I have been using Firefox with my 4.0 site and pretty much been forced to use Chrome. The mention feature within the core package is soooooo frustrating and if you could improve it with this application/plugin I really think others would consider purchasing. I mean, I am tempted for the group features but I would be able to live with the current system if I could actually use it on FF.

6 hours ago, Joey_M said:

I was going to suggest this sooner, though I didn't want to offend or annoy you.

Yet, I have been using Firefox with my 4.0 site and pretty much been forced to use Chrome. The mention feature within the core package is soooooo frustrating and if you could improve it with this application/plugin I really think others would consider purchasing. I mean, I am tempted for the group features but I would be able to live with the current system if I could actually use it on FF.

I got confused

What feature do you want?

It would be nice if you could improve the mention system, if it's possible because 4.1 seems a lot smoother but just adding the ability to add @whatever (once posting) the editor would automatically correct it.

Currently if it doesn't display, it doesn't work and this mod could be an haven for that.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, kotaco said:

So just to further clarify, this does not allow me to type for example @support and have my support team all notified of the mention?

No.

Watch the video how plugin works.

You can create set "support" and add users

Or you can create set "support" with type "Group" (linked with members group). When you select this set all members from group will be added on editor

• 8 months later...
14 hours ago, pilotguy said:

@newbie LAC Any chance you will update this to 4.1.13.2?  I just paid 35 bucks for this as there wasn't any "Not compatible" warning but I have no option in a new post to mention groups.

Hello,

Works fine on 4.1.13.2

Have you configure the app?

1. ACP - Community - (NB40) Mentions - Settings

2. ACP - Community - (NB40) Mentions - Sets. Create sets.

3. ACP - Members - Groups - Choose any group - tab Mentions

15 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Works fine on 4.1.13.2

Have you configure the app?

1. ACP - Community - (NB40) Mentions - Settings

2. ACP - Community - (NB40) Mentions - Sets. Create sets.

3. ACP - Members - Groups - Choose any group - tab Mentions

I have no option that mentions anything about "tab mentions"  The @mention shows up under user name in forum posts.  I have sets created but nothing that mentions TAB mentions.  Example of the screen I see as default when I "create new" set

tabsettings.PNG

Archived