Members can't Join? help

EmpireKicking

You might have already checked this hopefully but go to ACP -> Members -> Registration and see if it is enabled.

it's enabled alright I tried to join myself with two different emails and names. Getting that problem still, well using same ip address.

www.baysidegamers.com I had one member joined.

There aren't IP restrictions unless you've specifically installed an addon which restricts duplications. Try using a different computer/IP, otherwise I'd suggest contacting IPS.

Nope, I don't have any other addon for that, I have not got any other Messages from people saying that they can't join. So I don't know if it's me or not

Are you using the built in anti-spam features?  Are those IP's/usernames/emails on a spam list (blacklist)?

That's the first thing that comes to my mind.  Try disabling the built in anti-spam feature and see if they can register.  If so, then it's on their end as their IP block or email or possibly username has been blacklisted.

ACP -> System -> Community Enhancement -> IPS Spam Service

I need this to be fixed ASPS, thanks

This message doesn’t point to a bug needing “fixing”—it’s what the spam service is supposed to do. Feel free to adjust your spam settings if you are seeing too many false positives on your site. For example, you can stop the automatic banning and change it to moderator approval instead. 

Archived