Why Can't 4.0.12.1 Do This?

jackflash

You have a great topic on your forum and you want to share it on Facebook - except when you add the link to your Facebook page's wall, it does not work. IPB 4.X is the only forum that I use that cannot do this. What am I missing here? 

You have a great topic on your forum and you want to share it on Facebook - except when you add the link to your Facebook page's wall, it does not work. IPB 4.X is the only forum that I use that cannot do this. What am I missing here? 

Can you elaborate more...you said when you post the link to your wall, it doesn't work?

Like it won't post the link or is there something else it won't do? Just a tad confused

(And it also helps me realize if I need to bother with upgrading!)

As it was said in the other topic, this is caused by Facebook changing our URLs. It does not happen on 4.0 sites with friendly URLs enabled. 
All this is true for any 4.0 version. It has nothing to do with 4.0.12.

Works well with FB for me but of course I use friendly urls. I like the outcome of just posting a thread for example at FB.

I understand about enabling friendly URLs. With that being said though, once your enable friend URLs using the htaccess file that IPS provides, the IPB produces 500 errors.

Thus, the htaccess file is incorrect.  How do you fix this???  What's the correct htaccess file?

I understand about enabling friendly URLs. With that being said though, once your enable friend URLs using the htaccess file that IPS provides, the IPB produces 500 errors.

Thus, the htaccess file is incorrect.  How do you fix this???  What's the correct htaccess file?

The one provided is the correct file. A 500 error is usually server-side something is going array. Could you please submit a ticket and we can take a look at this more closely.

Hello ! :)

Did you find a solution for the .htaccess problem ? Each time I need to access the ACP, I need to remove (rename in fact) the .htaccess file which is at the root of the web site. Once I have accessed the ACP, I can revert the .htaccess changes and it's ok for the duration of the session.

Edit : it seems like it's a server side problem.

Thank you ! :)

The one provided is the correct file. A 500 error is usually server-side something is going array. Could you please submit a ticket and we can take a look at this more closely.

So why do they have all their employees in jail cells?  Couldn't they at lease let you out for your picture? :lol:

Archived