Fail to upgrade to 10.11 and 10.12

monkeytard

Been trying to update my IPS software from 10.10 to 10.11, but it fails at this step

2015-08-05_182000_No_Applications.thumb.

Yes I uploaded the files into the root folder already, I've been upgrading fine until then. Any ideas guys? Any help is much appreciated

2015-08-05_182000_Cant_Upgrade_since_4.0

I have quite a few plugins, could this be related to that?

Download the update again and reupload the files making sure to overwrite what is already there..  The only times I've had that is either not putting the files in the correct place or pressing the Download button before the correct download build is in place.

You have to do it via a Delta upgrade.  In your ACP go to Applications and click the "Check for Updates"  button.  If one is indicated go to your ACP>Dashboard and download it.  You then need to extract it and upload it via FTP and follow the instructions on your Dashboard to complete the upgrade.

Cloud based customers have no way to create a backup so if you're not 100% familiar with performing upgrade you can always open a ticket and IPS will upgrade your board for free.

The only times I've had that is either not putting the files in the correct place

+1

Cloud based customers have no way to create a backup so if you're not 100% familiar with performing upgrade you can always open a ticket and IPS will upgrade your board for free.

+1

I've done that at least 3-4 times already.

I'm pretty sure I copied over the right files and overwrote everything

Try a version of the client area - all files.

I clicked on Download

2015-08-06_155919_Download_full.thumb.pn

And got all the files, uploaded and overwrote all files. Do I need to run the upgrader again? Or is it already updated.

Because when I did it still said there are no available applications to upgrade (although I think it shouldn't need upgrading since I'm downloading the core package, unless its meant to update other stuff) Sorry I'm no pro!

2015-08-05_182000_No_Applications_2.thum

If on checking your ACP>System>Applications it doesn't say the version you're updating to:

Capture.thumb.PNG.7a3b0f884c30c205e2b172

then run the ACP>System>Support app - ticking the box "Something isn't working".  It'll go through various things that may be wrong - emptying cache/repairing database etc.  If everything doesn't work then it gives you the opportunity to open a Support Ticket.

Archived