Bookmarks / Favorites

ipsrocks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Before buy this app I would have a feedback from developer to this feature:

• Show a counter of total bookmarks received, if it is not already available.
  • Bookmarks options/tags/categories (as Whishlist, "Global/All" ... and users could assign tags) to determine the purpose.
  • Notification when someone bookmarks my item, if it is not already available.

With this I could obtain much information from members... useful to send bulk mails/notifications targeted

I can provide more details based on the feedback received, and allocate additional money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2016 at 5:23 PM, Makoto said:

Have you updated to the latest release? This should have been resolved, but if you're still experiencing issues, let me know.

Since I only just bought it and installed it, I thought it was the latest release, and I had just updated IPS, as well. But just so you know, "out of nowhere" the bookmarks all seem to be showing up in different forms across the site, so all is well now!

There is currently no support for bookmarking articles.

Ideally, I'd like to refactor the application so that bookmarking is largely application agnostic. Instead of being programmed explicitly for forum posts, gallery images, or so on, the application will work using IPS' core Node, Item, Comment system. So support can (theoretically) be enabled for any application.

I have no estimate on when such an update will be available, but that is something I am working towards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2016 at 10:27 AM, Square Wheels said:

OK, I must not be very smart.  I installed it, I can't find any setting in the ACP except for the Application settings.  It is enabled and my usergroup has permission to it.

How do I bookmark posts?

How do users bookmark posts so they can easily find them in the future?

Thanks

Having the same issue. I don't see any book mark Icon at all, and no ACP settings for it. 

Archived