Bookmarks / Favorites

ipsrocks

This application allows your members to save their favorite content or content which they need to access quickly.
You can also add notes to your bookmark to find them faster, and you can set it as public (then it will be shown on the members profile once this feature is implemented. 
I had to implement this setting, so the people are able to set it already. It's better then if the people would have to set the privacy level for all their bookmarks once this is implemented:D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a great replace for follow button <3 this is amazing "how many bookmark this?".. how works notification on this app?

There's no notification feature? Do you mean that the content creator gets a notification when somebody bookmarks his content?

how many bookmark this?"
Your users can have unlimited bookmarks.

Bugs? 
1) I don't see the bookmark at the upper right corner in comments.
2) I also do not see inline moderation when viewing the bookmark list.
3) Bookmarks is listed in the User menu 2 times: Content and Settings. There should only be 1 listing in Content. I also think that the Bookmark link should be below the Profile link.

Suggestion
1) In the Bookmark listing, can you add the title of the post (or content). "Post" is generic and isn't helpful when I'm looking for a post.

Bugs? 
1) I don't see the bookmark at the upper right corner in comments.
2) I also do not see inline moderation when viewing the bookmark list.
3) Bookmarks is listed in the User menu 2 times: Content and Settings. There should only be 1 listing in Content. I also think that the Bookmark link should be below the Profile link.

Suggestion
1) In the Bookmark listing, can you add the title of the post (or content). "Post" is generic and isn't helpful when I'm looking for a post.

Are you using a custom theme? Could you please start a PM with a link to your forum to take a look.

how many bookmark this?"

Your users can have unlimited bookmarks.

i am refering to a counter near "follow button" that show how many user have bookmarked that item.

yes for "Do you mean that the content creator gets a notification when somebody bookmarks his content?"

i am refering to a counter near "follow button" that show how many user have bookmarked that item.

yes for "Do you mean that the content creator gets a notification when somebody bookmarks his content?"

I like the notification idea. Will add it to 1.1.0

Have you tried 1.0.1 ? Is it still happening?

I didn't know there was an upgrade. :lol: It works like a charm now! Thank you. :thumbsup:

Request?
1. Is it possible to re-add the bookmark link where "quote" is in the post? The font awesome is great too, but I thought it might be easier for members to see.

2. In the user menu, is it possible to display the bookmark link somewhere below the "Profile" link? Maybe before or after "My Activity" link?

i can't find were public bookmarks are visible?

Yes, it will be possible once i've found a good and fast way to implement this.

I just wanted to provide already a way to set them as private, to not have a bookmark which should't be shown on the profile.
Another use case for this will be the "who bookmarked this"  page and also the bookmark statistics.

• 2 weeks later...

First off all, thank you for creating this very useful tool.

I'm about to ask for some help, which you may tell me to ask the developer of the theme I am using, and I realize the developer of the theme I am using may ask me to ask the developer of the application I am having the issue with, so I will ask both of you, in hopes that one of you may have a simple fix and would be so kind as to help me out with this.

The bookmark function works great, the only issue is when I select Bookmarks from the Content section, it does display, but there is no background behind the text or the edit/delete option to the right of the bookmarks. I tried adding custom css to what I thought was the correct selector, .ipsDataItem_main but when I did, that also changed the main part of the forum, which I did not want to change.

I can give you access to my offline forum if you need to take a look. I would really appreciate some assistance with this. Thank you.

forum-css.thumb.png.c615511723fa0471cd11

bookmarks-css.thumb.png.35d3acdb2634d169

I received this message back from the theme developer:

The mod developer has failed to follow the IPS front-end guidelines. They should wrap the table in the .ipsBox class, which will assign it a background.

I don't know that application, but adding that class to the HTML will fix your problem.

Is it possible you could get this fixed? Thank you. 

First off all, thank you for creating this very useful tool.

I'm about to ask for some help, which you may tell me to ask the developer of the theme I am using, and I realize the developer of the theme I am using may ask me to ask the developer of the application I am having the issue with, so I will ask both of you, in hopes that one of you may have a simple fix and would be so kind as to help me out with this.

The bookmark function works great, the only issue is when I select Bookmarks from the Content section, it does display, but there is no background behind the text or the edit/delete option to the right of the bookmarks. I tried adding custom css to what I thought was the correct selector, .ipsDataItem_main but when I did, that also changed the main part of the forum, which I did not want to change.

I can give you access to my offline forum if you need to take a look. I would really appreciate some assistance with this. Thank you.

forum-css.thumb.png.c615511723fa0471cd11

bookmarks-css.thumb.png.35d3acdb2634d169

This issue I was having has now been fixed. Thank you so much to @ipsrocks for the great customer service!! 

Archived