Error on upgrade from 3.4.8 o 4.0.11

GaryJames

Error /forum/system/Db/Db.php::1427

Does anyone know what this error is? I get it when trying to upgrade from 3.4.8 to 4.0.11.....

Luckily enough it a test upgrade, but ii still stopping me from upgrading my forum.

Many thanks in advance.

Gary.

I now get this error if I choose to continue and bypass the original error.

Unknown column 'chat_access' in 'field list'
/forum/applications/chat/setup/upg_100021/upgrade.php::41

UPDATE `core_groups` core_groups  SET `chat_access`=?

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Gary.

Tried another upgrade using 4.0.12.1, still get the same error?

Gary.

Try it on your live server because the test environment might be different.

I'm not saying you should try it on your live board, just try it on the current server on a different place.

Tried to upgrade on the same server and It failed again, albeit the DB php error is now on a different line?

Step 7: Error

/var/www/web/forum/system/Db/Db.php::1440

Unknown column 'chat_access' in 'field list'
/var/www/web/forum/applications/chat/setup/upg_100021/upgrade.php::41

UPDATE `core_groups` core_groups  SET `chat_access`=?

It's really frustrating that I cannot log a ticket because this is not my live forum, but i hope IPS can appreciate that I'm not prepared to destroy a fully working board for a upgrade that is full of bugs.

Version 4 really should not have been released with so many problems............... :angry:

Gary.

i get the same issue one time on my test environment, and if you ask kindly on support they will take a look on spare time at it ;)

so for the error in the process of the copy of your site something must be done in the acp in general setting (in your test acp admin) verify that the Path to 'upload' directory and Upload URL are correct, otherway it will do some strange trick during migration.

My suggestion would be to setup your copy of your 3.x instance in your test location and ensure that it is working properly (e.g. the database has been copied correctly, is not correct in any manner, etc...). Then attempt the 4 upgrade. If you're still encountering, please let us know by submitting a ticket and we'll help you out to our best ability :)

Archived