Helping with Categories Layout

EmpireKicking

Howdy, Guys

I want to change some of the Forum Categories. I want to keep the main first two to three Categories as is,  lIke this http://prowebber.ru/uploads/posts/2010-05/1273392588_8wmyo3.png That's what All forums look like anyway.

And the other Categories to look like this http://i35.tinypic.com/aqi35.png so that there are two or there subForum on one line, 

And If I want it to be for the full site How can I go about that

That is easy. You just need to find the template to display the forums and then, inside of the foreach you must include a conditional with the ID of the category where you want to show 2 forums per line:

if ($category_id == 5)
    Include here your customize html code for 50% width
else
    You keep here the existing code in the template

Thas is the basic logic to do what you want. In fact I have done something quite similar in my website, if you see the last category I have redesinged the way to display subforums inside:

custom.thumb.png.ec00b5451b5c72912f161bf

That is easy. You just need to find the template to display the forums and then, inside of the foreach you must include a conditional with the ID of the category where you want to show 2 forums per line:

if ($category_id == 5)
    Include here your customize html code for 50% width
else
    You keep here the existing code in the template

Thas is the basic logic to do what you want. In fact I have done something quite similar in my website, if you see the last category I have redesinged the way to display subforums inside:

custom.thumb.png.ec00b5451b5c72912f161bf

That's not helping at all, I need to know a little more, I  can't find it at all. And I think there is allot more codding involved then that bud!!!!!

The template is under forums-front-index-forumRow

Yes of course there is a lot more code to do, it is a work for someone with at least some basic knowledge of html and php. I told you the basic way to start to code, but if you want I give you the complete code that fit to your website sorry but I don't have time for this. Also I do not want to share my template because I have inside many other modifications not related with your topic.

The template is under forums-front-index-forumRow

Yes of course there is a lot more code to do, it is a work for someone with at least some basic knowledge of html and php. I told you the basic way to start to code, but if you want I give you the complete code that fit to your website sorry but I don't have time for this. Also I do not want to share my template because I have inside many other modifications not related with your topic.

alright thanks, Just post me the main code so I can look at it myself and try and do it myself or at least get the same person that making theme to do it, that's if he has the time. How long did it taking you to do it?

I do it myself, I should learn 

Archived