Been waiting a week for a ticket resolution.

vpsBoard

I'm not usually one to make a thread like this but how long can I expect to wait for a resolution to a critical issue I've reported? I've not had a response from any IPB staff on my open ticket for over a week now. 

Ticket ID: 922573

Last response by staff was on July 23rd where I was told it was being escalated to Tier II support. I was warned that Tier II support does not work weekends so I was not surprised when this week started with no response. Now it's Friday, a week later, and I fear that no one will even look at my issue before the weekend further delaying the resolution to a very critical issue reported.

I "bumped" the ticket on the 27th in case it had somehow gotten lost in the mix but with no response I'm afraid that I can only assume that Tier II support may be overwhelmed with requests and unable to respond or review tickets in any acceptable time frame.

What is an acceptable wait time? 1 week? 2 weeks? 1 month? Do I need to pay to have my urgent request looked at? Invoice me for $25 for urgent support if you're after more money and lets get the ball rolling on this please.

T2 (advanced support) and T1 (developer) do take longer than standard support levels given the nature of the issues sent to them they may require more investigation (at T2 level) or if the T2 tech decides its a developer issue they will move it to T1 (for a developer to take a look at) where appropriate.

Bumping will not have the desired effect though, although I can understand your frustration at this. Hopefully someone will reply soon. You could always ask for a member of Customer Service or the Support Manager to clarify why there is such a delay however.

Understood. Just have a forum full of broken links in pre-existing content and signatures that worked prior to the upgrade, no emoticons, special characters broke (despite UTF-8 conversion option selected to allow/preserve special characters at the expense of a larger DB), weird formatting in the 'location' display under member's avatars on their posts (No spacing between the word 'location' and the member's actual location) and I forget what else.

The big thing is the messed up URLs. That has caused me so much stress and so many user reports via the forum, Skype, and IRC. All I can tell my members is that there is nothing I can do about it, that all that broke when I decided to upgrade and that I am still waiting for an update from IPB regarding the ticket I submitted. The lack of an update makes me look bad as I can't tell my members anything positive, and reflects poorly on my decision to stay with IPB despite some community interest in me switching platforms. It makes it hard for me to defend my decisions to stick with IPB when I can't relay any news, not even a "They're looking into it." All old links, whether it be in signatures or in post submissions are broken. Clicking them just refreshes the page that they're displayed on and does nothing else. Really is a pain.

I hate complaining about this but have been really let down. I'm just stressed and annoyed. Had I known it'd take this long I'd have just switched back to 3.4.8 even though there are broken things in that they're not fixing (I get told to update to 4.0.X to 'fix' them) but now it's too late to switch back to 3.4.8 and I'm stuck with a forum full of broken links and no assistance that my users are complaining about.

I just hope that my complaint can be seen as being understandable and not just ignored or interpreted in a way that makes me a jerk for feeling this way.

I can understand why you posted. :)

I have submitted some private feedback on a few things actually today one of which may be relevant to this type of situation (not yours in particular, just general)

I would suggest waiting a little longer then enquiring on progress on your ticket so at least you are aware of the current status and what is planned to assist you. You may have to submit a ticket to Customer Service for this however.

EDIT... Bear in mind the US based staff will be starting work in a couple of hours or maybe a bit less.

Understood. Just have a forum full of broken links in pre-existing content and signatures that worked prior to the upgrade, no emoticons, special characters broke (despite UTF-8 conversion option selected to allow/preserve special characters at the expense of a larger DB), weird formatting in the 'location' display under member's avatars on their posts (No spacing between the word 'location' and the member's actual location) and I forget what else.

The big thing is the messed up URLs. That has caused me so much stress and so many user reports via the forum, Skype, and IRC. All I can tell my members is that there is nothing I can do about it, that all that broke when I decided to upgrade and that I am still waiting for an update from IPB regarding the ticket I submitted. The lack of an update makes me look bad as I can't tell my members anything positive, and reflects poorly on my decision to stay with IPB despite some community interest in me switching platforms. It makes it hard for me to defend my decisions to stick with IPB when I can't relay any news, not even a "They're looking into it." All old links, whether it be in signatures or in post submissions are broken. Clicking them just refreshes the page that they're displayed on and does nothing else. Really is a pain.

I hate complaining about this but have been really let down. I'm just stressed and annoyed. Had I known it'd take this long I'd have just switched back to 3.4.8 even though there are broken things in that they're not fixing (I get told to update to 4.0.X to 'fix' them) but now it's too late to switch back to 3.4.8 and I'm stuck with a forum full of broken links and no assistance that my users are complaining about.

I just hope that my complaint can be seen as being understandable and not just ignored or interpreted in a way that makes me a jerk for feeling this way.

It may be helpful to turn.your community offline while the issues get resolved.  Otherwise you're just going to have frustrated.members that are going to frustrate you even more.  

It may be helpful to turn.your community offline while the issues get resolved.  Otherwise you're just going to have frustrated.members that are going to frustrate you even more.  

Keep it turn off for an entire week? No thanks. Not an option.

I'm very sorry for the delay -- though unusual, it's never good when issues like this fall through the cracks. I'll follow up on this and ensure it's dealt with as a matter of priority.

Thank you, I do appreciate it.

Archived