Do we have a way to set max images per post?

Netherlord

Might move back to older versions then. Why are there so much options been removed. Going to be allot of plugins for The staff that 4.0 doesn't have

Im hoping its just a fact of them gutting the tweaking options so they could release a more stable product. Meaning they will come back. But if im wrong im going to cry!

It may be because the setting is not bulletproof. In other words, if you can only add 10, members become accustomed to making two posts for 20. But post merge can actually solve that. Then they become links. But then members ask for a bump for more images. And attachments have no post limit so there's that as well. So this may be why. Often when it is not bulletproof they will remove it. Workarounds can actually look pretty messy, but I would welcome the setting back, as I believe deterrents are good even if they can be worked around, and leave that up to admin.

Of course that is just a guess. Could be an oversight.

It may be because the setting is not bulletproof. In other words, if you can only add 10, members become accustomed to making two posts for 20. But post merge can actually solve that. Then they become links. But then members ask for a bump for more images. And attachments have no post limit so there's that as well. So this may be why. Often when it is not bulletproof they will remove it. Workarounds can actually look pretty messy, but I would welcome the setting back, as I believe deterrents are good even if they can be worked around, and leave that up to admin.

Of course that is just a guess. Could be an oversight.

Very valid thought

Actually though all that doesn't matter. I failed to see the bigger picture here. It is to control the maximum number of images per page for load speed, not to restrict members. So it doesn't matter if the member posts back to back to double his/her images, you can still never surpass the maximum per page. If you allow 10 per post and there are 20 posts per page, that's 200 max per page, and that is bulletproof. I agree, this setting should be added back. If members decide to work around it with more posts, that does not affect the overall per page and the purpose of the setting. 

However, then attachments should be considered as well.

Archived