Remove the word 'Forums'?

footyman

Above the forums is the word 'forums', like this....

fffffffff.thumb.PNG.e78f0d624775195356a2

Does anybody know how I can remove this text? 

It seems a bit stupid to have it, everybody knows that they are forums, that's the entire point in my site?

Thanks to anybody who can answer! 

I would love to do this too but I always worry as to whether or not adding things in the custom css is safe to do?

And what happens when we upgrade ( which we are doing every week now with 4.0 ) do we have to add it again or does it just stay there as it is?

also which part of the css do we add it please?  when i open to edit CSS there are different places   ie global template and a drop down list of lots of other areas too

I would love to do this too but I always worry as to whether or not adding things in the custom css is safe to do?

And what happens when we upgrade ( which we are doing every week now with 4.0 ) do we have to add it again or does it just stay there as it is?

You've identified why we use custom.css - that won't be written over :)

To find it, go to the edit screen that you've already described, select CSS at the top, then navigate to core > front > custom and you'll see it.

I have the same problem and it only popped up when I did the last update

Surely there must be something in the APC that lets us turn it off

Nope. It's part of the design template. There's something similar in Blogs, Downloads etc.

remove-pagetitlle.thumb.jpg.e35875aa51d4

It was answered in the second post of the thread. You'll need to specify in your custom.css that you want that particular div not to be displayed, or hack the template. I prefer (and use) the former option.

great Ive managed to do it...  its looking great thanks !

You've identified why we use custom.css - that won't be written over :)

To find it, go to the edit screen that you've already described, select CSS at the top, then navigate to core > front > custom and you'll see it.

Yeah I can understand that's a possibility but

I was interested in this too.

Someone said there were some good reasons to keep it for sitemaps/seo or something.

I prefer to build my site for the members ( who will spread the word far better than any seo stuff can I'm sure)  and having it look nice is important to me

Actually not necessarily those changes be placed in custom.css.

You can create a css file with another name. I use for similar purposes a file named corrections.css.

The only condition is that file is created in core-front-custom directory.

It is easy and each new code can quickly modify and, or removal.

I edited my theme to remove the extra titles on some pages:

BXvXY6a.png

You can do this by going to Customisation > Appearance and clicking Edit HTML and CSS on your theme. You can then edit the template core > front > global > pageHeader like the example below. The example removes titles that say "forums" and "gallery", but you can expand the first line to add more.

{{if !$title == Forums and !$title == Gallery}}
<div class='ipsPageHeader ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_bottom'>
    <h1 class='ipsType_pageTitle'>{$title}</h1>
    {{if $blurb}}
        <div class='ipsPageHeader_info ipsType_light'>
            {{if !$rawBlurb}}
                {$blurb}
            {{else}}
                {$blurb|raw}
            {{endif}}
        </div>
    {{endif}}
</div>
{{endif}}

How can also "Blogs" "gallery" and the other app names be hidden? 

My main reason to take these phrases away is to get a better alignment between the sidebar blocks and the "app" block. I attach a screenshot and you will understand. 

You can just go into acp> system> applications   and click the little padlok image to show permissions who can see your apps in your menu ie show in navigation or not

Archived