All old post's links are broken

Ibai

Hi there,

All my old post's links are broken. None of them have a "href" so they point to the same page.

Is anyone having the same issue after upgrading to 4.0.x? I upgraded from 3.4.x to 4.0.11.

Any script to rebuild every link?

Example: 

http://www.fmsite.net/foro/forums/topic/76720-2º-reto-dmc-the-dreamer/

http://www.fmsite.net/foro/forums/topic/72318-kits-fb-temporada-2014-2015/

As you can see, old links miss their HREF tag. 

Am I the only one?

I did both things. And I am waiting for a reply in tickets support. However, I wanted to know if I am the only one with this issue or if it's a known and common thing that happens during the rebuild ran after the upgrade.

All background task were ran and finished successfully several days ago, so I don't know what to do and my forum's old posts are totally messed up. :( 

I am sorry man you should go on you cpanel and try this go to mysql db and repair you db okay :sad:

Kind Regards,

Carlos S.

Hi there,

All my old post's links are broken. None of them have a "href" so they point to the same page.

Is anyone having the same issue after upgrading to 4.0.x? I upgraded from 3.4.x to 4.0.11.

Any script to rebuild every link?

Example: 

http://www.fmsite.net/foro/forums/topic/76720-2º-reto-dmc-the-dreamer/

http://www.fmsite.net/foro/forums/topic/72318-kits-fb-temporada-2014-2015/

As you can see, old links miss their HREF tag. 

Am I the only one?

I've found the issue after upgrading from 3.4.8 to 4.0.11. In very old posts the links look normal but when you click on them they take you to the same page. 

Fortunately, from the ticket support, I've been told that further investigation is being taken. However, I have little hope on getting this fixed as most of the links lost their HREF and I don't know from where they would recover the original link. :( This is my thought.

I think it have to be recovered from a database backup. Upgrade the backup and merge the fixed content somehow with the production database.

If this is not possible to fix and Invison use 5-6 days to tell me that, I will be very upset because since my forum is active it to late to roll back to 3.4.8 and I did send the ticket about 1 hour after the upgrade.
Also I did test upgrade my forum before I did the live one and all was ok using 4.0.9, but did think I should use the latest build when upgrading my live board, and I do regret. I regret upgrading to 4.0, I should just have stayed on 3.4. 

None of the links before the upgrade does work, ant that include all post, signatures, and pages.

I think it have to be recovered from a database backup. Upgrade the backup and merge the fixed content somehow with the production database.

If this is not possible to fix and Invison use 5-6 days to tell me that, I will be very upset because since my forum is active it to late to roll back to 3.4.8 and I did send the ticket about 1 hour after the upgrade.
Also I did test upgrade my forum before I did the live one and all was ok using 4.0.9, but did think I should use the latest build when upgrading my live board, and I do regret. I regret upgrading to 4.0, I should just have stayed on 3.4. 

None of the links before the upgrade does work, ant that include all post, signatures, and pages.

Yes, it's quite hard. I have a 2M posts community and everyone is arguing about this. I wish IPS could do sth with this.

BFarber fixed it for me too using one of my backups. Really grateful for his efforts to resolve this.

We restored and upgraded your backup locally, then imported the posts and rebuilt them on your site. Before I started, I took a full database backup which is uploaded to xxx in case you need it for any reason.

The problem that you found should now be resolved. I apologize for the trouble - this was a bug in the 4.0.11 upgrade that has since been resolved, but the fix is not retroactive since it occurred while the data was being rebuilt. You should not be affected by this issue any longer.

@Safelincs whoever is affected by this bug, it will need personal assistance as IPS will require a DB backup prior to the upgrade so as they can prepare a .SQL replacing those broken posts with the old ones. Then, they will update the rebuild task PHP files and start several background tasks rebuilding those old posts to upgrade them to the HTML content.

Archived