Why aren't comments enabled for Downloads here? No way to comment if no topic was made.

chilihead

Just curious, why are reviews, but not comments enabled on downloads here? If no topic was created, there is no place to comment on the file with a question or issue.

Below file for example. Where do we ask the author questions if comments are disabled? Was a topic created but there is no link in the file? I know there use to be a Get Support button that took you there for some. It is not in the files I am following though. I think enabling comments would be a good idea imo. Keep it all on the same page. Thanks

Because comments would allow support to be garnered within them, as well as reduce the number of people that would actually post a review.. Support is not actually required, thus, neither is the support topic. Personally, I no longer provide it for small items that should not need support, though bugs will still be fixed. This is helpful in limiting the parade of being asked the same question over and over again when the mod in question is literally self-explanatory.

Don't need support at this point, just a question. So if I had a question for that author I should PM him I guess. Okay thanks.

I think IPS has them off globally though, not an author choice. I've never seen comments used here. The comments tab next to reviews. One could ask pre-download questions and also add suggestions if that was enabled. 

Archived