IP.Chat - history chat

kkucharsky

Hello there, 

What if I want the chat window to retain conversations for viewing actually inside the chat page, so members are able to see what the most recent discussion was?

We used to be able to log on in the morning and see what all the late night drunkards had been discussing, it was one of the best features of the chat room; a rolling discussion that never cleared.

Is there possibility to allow chat history in IP.Chat? I need to have the option Clear Chat Buffer set to "No" or just to leave last 20 messages. 

What do you think about? 

Also, are there chat logs in 4.0? I heard there weren't but maybe there are now. 

PS. I never liked the feature of seeing the previous chat stream when you enter chat. People should be able to talk in chat w/o worrying about who is going to enter and see the previous chats. I had it disabled, but I could see it back as an option. 

Hello, 

Yes, there are chat logs in 4.0, but if your users use private messages you can't see this logs in ACP 

I agree with you that people should be able to talk in chat w/o worrying about who is going to enter and see the previous chats. Eventually, there should be an option of the last 20 messages, which should be visible for new user in the chat. 

Do you know is there possibility to upgrade this application or this is in plan? 

Chat logs no longer include Private chat?  That's a show stopper. We have to monitor PMs to make sure the minors that come to the site aren't pestered inappropriately.  

(we very clearly state that all communications are logged in nice big letters for those of you eating your hat over privacy)

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

There is a huge problem. I have set up an option:

• show room join messages
  • show chat history uppon joining a room

And I have over 40 users which chatting non stop. When I come to IP. Chat about 01:18 PM I see history chat but I dont see history from last 10 minutes.

I paid for this application, so why this isn't well done?

I use this application on my forum: http://sport.traderzy.pl/chat/ There is a lot of users, so I can't lose their... 

If we have access to logs in ACP, so this logs should be show in forum - in chat. I need at least the last 30 entries, or last hour. Then it will make sense, I guess, and I can pay more for application. 

I have about 100 users in the same time. What about sites that have more? 

Archived