Avatar filetype not allowed after upgrading to 4.0.11

PirateCaptain

Hello there.

After upgrading to IPS v4.0.11, I can no longer change the users avatars (noone can), every time I try this is the result.
noimg.thumb.png.438bcc0c2a17c7544ff67c35

In the old days, i would have found this setting in the MIME types as i recall, but in 4.x I can't for the life of me find allowed filetypes for avatars.
tested with .jpg, .png, .gif which all used to work.

can anyone help me please?

Can you provide the full URL of the link you are using? It's saying the file type is not allowed which means it's not seeing a .jpg, .jpeg, .gif or .png file extension is what my guess is.

If you've tested each then there could be a bug so maybe you should file a ticket?

Can you provide the full URL of the link you are using? It's saying the file type is not allowed which means it's not seeing a .jpg, .jpeg, .gif or .png file extension is what my guess is.

If you've tested each then there could be a bug so maybe you should file a ticket?

Sorry i cant find the exact same url again, it was just a random jpg for the screenshot, I have tested all sorts of images and none work.

other admin said he uploaded the picture to the user and not linked it from url, so the problem is only with linked images.

Have you checked if your uploads folder is writeable?

yes it is writeable

Archived