IP.Pages questions that is confusing me

steve00

Hope someone can explain why this happens.

If I copy the globalTemplate (Themes >> edit html/css >> templates >> globalTemplate) into new page of IP.Pages (not using Suite wrapper) why can I not use the block manager on left when viewing Page in browser

The block manager 'slides out' but am unable to move any blocks into the areas, am assuming there must be something else required to enable blocks to move ?

Reason am not using the suite wrapper option is because want to remove some of the items that show in the globalTemplate

Hope the above makes sense ?

Hello,

I think because you are copying the global template the probably contains the block manager with it.

I am not a expert on your problem this is just my guess okay :)

Kind Regards,

Carlos S.

thanks for reply .. I want to use the block manager but it doesn't work if I copy the globalTemplate and am wondering why ... as forums uses global template and can use the block manager in that

thanks for reply .. I want to use the block manager but it doesn't work if I copy the globalTemplate and am wondering why ... as forums uses global template and can use the block manager in that

Hello,

Good question your only option now just fill out a support ticket I am not a expert sorry :sad:

Hello,

Good question your only option now just fill out a support ticket I am not a expert sorry :sad:

Yep, already tried that but it is out of the scope of normal support and was asked to post in forums

oh well ... think giving up on Pages and now trying to think of something else to use instead

Archived