Feature request - Gallery - Add files from server path

The Old Man

Hi,

Please can you add support for "Adding media files from server path" (for bulk importing of existing images on our websites into the Gallery)?

Real world example - I have 1000's of images in sub-folders being displayed elsewhere on my website and more importantly hosted on my website, that I want to import into my Gallery so my Members can make better use of them. I don't want to have to duplicate them all or re-upload.

Secondly please could you add support for "Add media files from URL"?

This would all us to import images into the Gallery via Flicker, Pinterest, Deviant Art and other third party websites etc.

Appreciate this would have to rely on responsible use, licensing and permissions but that would be down to the Admin and Members.

The Downloads app seems to have these facilities in already, so presumably (I'm obviously no expert!) since IPS4 had been rewritten with this sort of thing in mind, hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to add the same existing support to another official IPS app?

Many thanks.

I passionately support this topic, as I also run a large-scale gallery and adding images via the front-end is an incredibly laborious process that is so boring that even all the shows on Netflix cannot possibly stave off a permanent glaze of ennui as I slowly watch / ignore my images being tediously added.  #dramaking #lotsafeeling #publicbreakdown #holdmeback #fighter #netflix #daredevil

0513-daredevil1.thumb.jpg.1bb1e8e9f506ec

Matt Murdock about to kick some butt if IP.Gallery doesn't allow batch uploading.  He may be blind, but even he sees a good feature.  

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Paul.F said:

Would also be nice to be able to include youtube etc, instead of having to actually store the media itself.

I'm working on a YouTube app that does this and more. At the moment it follows your channel and automatically posts any new videos along with the information and images for it and embeds a player. 

Just now, RADStudios said:

I'm working on a YouTube app that does this and more. At the moment it follows your channel and automatically posts any new videos along with the information and images for it and embeds a player. 

Will this app use the existing IPS gallery, or is it standalone?

• 1 year later...

Archived