Setting up Member Stores

Michael R

I have a lot of members who sell stuff. Currently they post images in forums or their albums and ask members to contact them.

Is there a way to give a member who wants to sell items their own "store"? I am assuming I could create a Product category for each seller and add their products to that group. But I am not sure how to go about payments. If I set it up as Manual, I have to be the one approving each transaction. Fine for my stuff, but I don't want to have to do this for all these members.

Ideally, I would like to direct the buyer to the sellers PayPal account. I am assuming I could set up a PayPal Payment Method for each member (i.e.; PayPal Member 1, PayPal Member 2, etc.) and then link that Payment Method to that seller's product(s).

Is that the best way to handle this? Does anyone allow members to sell items like this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

One idea would be to have a "manual" payment method that was basically a contact form. When the buyer clicked on the Submit button an email would go directly to the merchant.

You can have a manual payment method already.

I bet it would not be a significant module to simply email that info to to the creator of the product.

User simply goes through the whole purchase as if it was a regular store, then copies that info to the original creator of the product.

You can have a manual payment method already.

I bet it would not be a significant module to simply email that info to to the creator of the product.

User simply goes through the whole purchase as if it was a regular store, then copies that info to the original creator of the product.

Yeah, I was playing around with that. The only problem with the way it currently works is I have to be the one that manages it. It would be nice if at check out you sent an email to the merchant via a form.

Archived