Navigation Icons by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

No problem, Tom. Glad I could help. But, while I haven't run into the limitation issue, which I only use a bare minimum of top level navigation items, I was only able to add the icons after I added a dummy top navigation menu item. The additional FA icons isn't that much of an issue for me. Was just curious about the plugin not adding the icon for all top menu items. Currently, I use only five top navigation menu items.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2016 at 1:57 PM, karld said:

Hi Tom when I was using Luminous theme the feature worked perfect on that but now using default theme I can only select 3 of the 4 items I have, will there be a fix for this?

10-Apr-16 7-59-08 PM.png

10-Apr-16 8-08-14 PM.png

From reading other user comments the best way around this for now is make a fake menu item and publish it. Then it will allow you to choose another icon once done delete the fake menu item! Worked prefect for me. 

19 hours ago, MascotInsider said:

From reading other user comments the best way around this for now is make a fake menu item and publish it. Then it will allow you to choose another icon once done delete the fake menu item! Worked prefect for me. 

That is what I did and works perfect. 

The app has a bug or some sort of error.

When I run it as administrator, I can see all the buttons, 9 altogether. I change the position of the buttons and they seem to remain in the new order.

Here is a screen capture as administrator.

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.04.16_14h29m25s_001_.png

The problem is when I run the app as a user, who oviously should see fewer button than an administrator. Well, when I run it as a user, the buttons have changed places and icons.

A screen capture as a user.

As you may see, the two icons on the right have changed.  

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.04.16_14h34m02s_002_.png

18 hours ago, sonimik1 said:

The app has a bug or some sort of error.

When I run it as administrator, I can see all the buttons, 9 altogether. I change the position of the buttons and they seem to remain in the new order.

Here is a screen capture as administrator.

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.04.16_14h29m25s_001_.png

The problem is when I run the app as a user, who oviously should see fewer button than an administrator. Well, when I run it as a user, the buttons have changed places and icons.

A screen capture as a user.

As you may see, the two icons on the right have changed.  

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.04.16_14h34m02s_002_.png

The plugin isn't sophisticated enough to differentiate between user/admin logic. It simply displays icons in the selected order. It assumes the links are the same for all users.

I will try and fix the ghost icon issue reported by others ASAP. I'm also planning to open source my plugins so others can contribute if they want ^_^ 

19 hours ago, motomac said:

@Tom Christian but I can see it in the ACP when type "wiki...".

Confirmed. Here's the bug report: https://github.com/tctc91/ips4-navigation-icons/issues/1

4 hours ago, VR6Pete said:

Neat plugin - despite it being a little clunky to assign icons to navigation items.

I have spotted one bug, the icon does not display on top level menu items that are configured as a drop down menu.

Take a look at my website: http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/forums/

I see. Will look into it. (Bug here: https://github.com/tctc91/ips4-navigation-icons/issues/2)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, salue said:

Hi 

all icons are changing except for the first one the home button  its not changing no matter what I do ( www.gametecharabia.com )

I take look this for you in morning as late here now and see why having problem.

2 hours ago, Pete T said:

So far can't get it to work for 4.2.x guessing that version using ?

2 hours ago, Pete T said:

So far can't get it to work for 4.2.x guessing that version using ?

yes , I will wait for future updates thank you :)

• 1 month later...

Archived