Facebook Connect not fetching images

DReffects2

Hey guys,

I've connected my account to my facebook account and chose that new postings will be imported into my community. unfortunately only the text parts of the facebook posts are being imported. This makes 50% of the imported postings rather useless and confusing.

I don't know if this is by design or a bug. :)

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Hello,

It is the design of the new facebook login application API. Although I never try this on IPS 4 before (my live community is currently using IPS 3.4.8), when you would like to import user's facebook statuses into your community status system, your login application requires a permission called "user_status". However, these statuses must be text-based only; it will not import statuses that contains any links, videos or photos.

More information: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions/v2.4#permission-user_status

In the past, IPS facebook login application is allowed to use the "read_streampermission, which allowed to access every type of user's facebook statuses in the new feed. However, the new facebook API usage rules are limit the use of this permission to *ONLY* any applications developed by Facebook itself.

Here is my permission list that is currently used by my community login application:

approved_items.thumb.png.7f6cd1d3a8940ed

Hope this answer your question. (w00t)

Thanks for that very detailed explanation!

However, these statuses must be text-based only; it will not import statuses that contains any links, videos or photos.

Hmm that's the problem: it does indeed import status updates with images attached to them. That's what is very confusing. Any ideas why it does that?

Archived