Performance issues - Need help from all IPS Experts

Saurabh Jain

Traffic source  - Facebook 200k+ Likes 

after upgrading to latest version -  it has started consuming lots of memory and drastically increased the server load.... such that the server was restarting in every hour or so --  whe( I update on facebook ( every two hours)

so started getting 10 K hits per days (statcounter at bottom of site)

I had  4 CPU  and 5 GB Ram VPS configuration

To solve this - we installed Xcache and upgraded VPS to 6CPU's and 7 GB Ram    - Xcache wqs optimised as told to me   and cannot be done further..

-------------------------------------------------------

In between the server its exceeding the 7 GB ram consumption  too and flashes the following error

xcache_error_2.thumb.png.a03ae010749fcb7

How shouid resolve this ?

Shoudl I try other caching optiom  Memcached or what can be done...

Let me know if any further details need to be posted...    

website is - http://mechanical-engg.com

Thanks and Regards

Saurabh

What does your mysql slow query log show? Often in /var/log/mysql.slow.log.  Using caching will help a fraction, it's going to be a mysql issue that really hurts.

From where to see this cpanel or whm ?

Additinally can we see how many times this fatal error has come...  I know from my browsing experience  but what is real scenario

Regards

Saurabh

• Management

Seems likely that your php.ini is not configured properly to accommodate xcache. Frankly, I'd dump xcache and just enable the default opcache in PHP 5.6. MySQL is going to be your biggest hit in IPS4 - if anything, you could look into memcache (you frankly don't have enough RAM to make that a serious consideration, however.) Also consider optimizing MySQL... mysqltuner.pl would be a good place to start, though not the be-all. 

Finally, I'd be remiss not to mention this. :D

Seems likely that your php.ini is not configured properly to accommodate xcache. Frankly, I'd dump xcache and just enable the default opcache in PHP 5.6. MySQL is going to be your biggest hit in IPS4 - if anything, you could look into memcache (you frankly don't have enough RAM to make that a serious consideration, however.) Also consider optimizing MySQL... mysqltuner.pl would be a good place to start, though not the be-all. 

How much ram do you consider  good for same......

Please find php info

http://mechanical-engg.com/forum/phpinfo.php

if you can help me with these settings 

Regards

Saurabh

Archived