IP Content new template require permissions..?

Gauravk

I have created an additional template and applied to one set of pages that load the classifieds database. While creating new database template I am assigning to required database. Once I copy the edits I do toggle in the database from Category article to Classified template. Then change the listing, Display and Form drop down to classified templates. And it failing.

I have done this exercise multiple times now and each time I create new template and apply, the front-end page disappear completely to absolute white screen.

In stock files, the only edit made by a programmer are in Category Articles - entry and all changes are working fine in front-end. However I want those changes in classified database only and not in other database, so when I copy same file codes to classified template - entry file it doesn't work.

So wondering if there is any permission need to be assigned or in some other setting I need to mention the new template name or location....? Please help.

Capture.JPG

I have done this exercise multiple times now and each time I create new template and apply, the front-end page disappear completely to absolute white screen

That's a PHP fatal error, check your PHP error_log for the actual error. If it's going on about eval'ed code in Theme.php, the programmer will need to review his template modifications thoroughly to find and correct the cause.

Thanks Marcher, for the suggestion. I have checked the log just now and no log is showing from last 2 days.

This looks like something small I am missing, as same file edits is working fine when we do paste the codes in default files and shows the full customization properly. However when I copy same code in classified template (newly created) it shows the blank page.

To eliminate other irrelevant files to troubleshoot, can you please help in specifying that which all files is required or controlling the very first landing page of database when "show records like articles" is selected?

Capture.jpg

Archived