Are we going to see the old BB code editor in IPB4?

vpsBoard

Please see my attachment.

The only reason I have not yet upgraded to IPB4 is the fact that these features are missing and in use by my community. The ability to toggle these on/off is very important to me. Will we be seeing this in IPB4?

And yes, I am already aware that you can still post BB code in the WYSIWYG editor but you can not toggle that off to view the code directly after submitting it

Thanks.

screenshot-vpsboard.com 2015-07-10 18-38-18.png

The short answer, it's already there for those who are able to post HTML (see screen below).

The long answer, BBCode is technically "no more." While IPS4 parses BBCode (e.g. you can insert it and it will work), the community actually "runs" on HTML. The editor is a full WYSIWYG editor so editing your "code" should not be necessary anymore, unless you are an admin and want to do something advanced for your posts.

html-source.thumb.PNG.fc23185502757bee67

Probably you would never ever want to give anyone access to an HTML source editor to the public unless you want them to have complete control over  destroying your pages.

There is a reason its disabled here and probably on every forum in the universe.

Also the current html editor displays an unreadable run on sentence of html code filled with all sorts of unnecessary tags which clutter it so badly that you can't make out what is there without spending a good few minutes reading through it. Certainly not anywhere near practical like every other forum software source mode has been and still is except for on the new IPB 4.0.

Other than that and the server loads, 4.0 is way more awesome than 3.4 in terms of design and functionality. So easy to use for visitors, and I am noticing an increase in new post counts because of this.

You can add "Remove formatting" button through ACP>Customization>Editor>Toolbars.

The icon is little bit different:

SNAG-0000.thumb.gif.066fc0783cb2de7bc699

"Source" button function is little bit messed up.

When you click on it all code is displayed in one line and there is no way to scroll back and forth.

I hope this will be fixed.

You can add "Remove formatting" button through ACP>Customization>Editor>Toolbars.

When you click on it all code is displayed in one line and there is no way to scroll back and forth.

You beat me to it ;)

Broni, did you submit this as a bug yet or has it already been submitted?

Archived