How to add dropdown?

Gauravk

The drop-down field functionality hasn’t changed between 3.4 and 4.0. However, the way the entries are saved in the field settings has been improved. Instead of adding all the options in one text area field (one entry per line), you can now enter them like this and move each entry around individually. 

Bildschirmfoto_2015-07-13_um_10.02.29.th

Please check your field to see if it’s set up this way. Each entry needs one key and one value (which will be shown in the forms). 

Thanks Ralf, I am sorry I haven't understood your explanation fully.

Can you please advise exactly how to have dropdown of listing choice of 3 fruits: Apple, Banana and orange. As this above Key1 value open Key 2 value closed is not being clear. Sorry for being dumb and noobie.

“Value” is what is actually shown to the user, so “Apple”, “European Specs” or whatever. 

“Key” is an internal identifier for the above option. It can be anything. Simple numbers (1, 2, 3, 4 …)  or words (apple, banana, …). They must be unique though. 

I have an open ticket number 921101 since 9th July and as usual in support everyone thinks there is no problem or bugs in IPB 4. They came up with some copy-paste replies but nothing helped yet, that's why I move to forum help which is more to-the-point than circling copy-paste replies for days and days.

Archived