Highlight Authors/Usergroups Posts - IP.Board 4.x

-RAW-

How about the default not to highlight every post by a specific group but allow moderator or admin groups to toggle a switch to highlight a post that they make if they are in the groups allowed to highlight posts.

My thinking here is that this could then be used when a member of staff wants to give a direction or warning in a thread by highlighting that post but allowing the same staff groups to take part in normal discussions without it being highlighted.

I suppose an option to enforce highlighting of posts or allow it to be optional for users of the groups selected so that we can agree locally when we will and will not highlight a post, eg to tell members to keep to topic etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/26/2015, 10:10:51, -RAW- said:

Hi,

I run 4.0.13 on invisionizer.com with this plugin and works fine, send me credentials to raw@invisionizer.com so i can have a look.

It works on my dev install, just not my main. I'll look into it more indepth.

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you don't want the background color to be changed, but you do want the badge, how should you change the settings? Just leave the background color blank?

Hi,

Currently it does not have a setting to disable but you can use the css class to just match the post color, i will see if in next update i add a setting for this.

3 minutes ago, -RAW- said:

Currently it does not have a setting to disable but you can use the css class to just match the post color, i will see if in next update i add a setting for this.

Thanks.

Just purchased… am going to configure it a bit now.

Yeah, actually this makes things pretty ugly. I just want the star, not the background color changed. I've already tweaked the CSS to show different colors where the user info is while the post content is a different background color. This plugin makes both sides the same color. I don't want any background color coming from this plugin.

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, actually this makes things pretty ugly. I just want the star, not the background color changed. I've already tweaked the CSS to show different colors where the user info is while the post content is a different background color. This plugin makes both sides the same color. I don't want any background color coming from this plugin.

I will see if i can work on a few extra settings for this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2015, 7:38:22, iacas said:

If you add your CSS class to your 'custom.css' and use the following it should keep it from changing the background color (tested on my site to confirm):

.cAuthorPane .customclass {
  background: transparent !important;
}

• 2 months later...
Just now, Gabriel Torres said:

@-RAW- is there a way to not highlight the first post? Because the way it is today, it highlights in light blue the first post of all topics from our forums. I think we should have a button to allow us to enable/disable this. I prefer only the subsequent posts to be highlighted. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there might be a way, i will have a look when i get a chance.

Archived