Pre-defined Topic Fields - IP.Board 4.x

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes:

This has a bug I cannot find the exact steps to reproduce.

Basically it applies the pre defined topic field to another forum which I've never edited before. Not sure how ir why but this occasionally happens.

Just now, David.. said:

Basically it applies the pre defined topic field to another forum which I've never edited before. Not sure how ir why but this occasionally happens.

Provide steps so I can reproduce it. I read a post of you somewhere else saying abiutthis but I tested it for 30 min today earlier and worked fine. I don't see any other post about this as well. Maybe a cache issue in your board?

31 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Provide steps so I can reproduce it. I read a post of you somewhere else saying abiutthis but I tested it for 30 min today earlier and worked fine. I don't see any other post about this as well. Maybe a cache issue in your board?

I actually have no idea how it happens. It just does. 

It's not related to the saved editor content when IPS restores your previous content while you're not on the pre defined tab.

I will try to find out why it happens and get back to you.

Thank you for your support!

3 hours ago, David.. said:

My install has always done that :)

The video capture isn't great but....

Enter forum "Zipper" & create new topic - no pre-defined text

Edit forum "Zipper" and click "Pre-defined Fields" tab - text already entered

If I open a browser and go straight to edit forum, it doesn't happen. If I edit a forum with the fields in and go to the next it does. As I have over 100 sub forums to do, I consider it a "feature" :) 

Edited by Bill Edwards
16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

@Bill Edwards, I'm not sure what you mean by your post. Arr you reporting a bug or finding it good because it is a "feature"? :unsure:

And viewing your video is what I talked to @David..: probably the okd editor cache issue. 

I was just agreeing with the poster that my install exhibits the same behaviour. It doesn't affect the extreme usefulness of the plug in and is in fact time saving hence I've never reported it as anything :)

• 3 weeks later...

While I'm preparing to upgrade to 4.2, I have a question for this widget.

Does this widget work for club topics too ? I mean, can I define a title and a first topic independently for each club topic tab for example ?  OR this widget only works for topic in forums ?

Thanks 

• 5 months later...