Need more communication (company with clients) in Product Feedback forum

Ilya Hoilik

Hello! First of all I want to say thanks to the IPS team. Your product is amazing and I love it. But I see problem with communication company with clients in the one very important forum.

I've suggestion to improve usefulness of Product Feedback forum. I encountered a problem that you don't respond to our some suggestions and ideas. I'm not saying that you're ignores us, but we can't see your status about our ideas. For example...

I've created topic with suggestions about language system on April 19. Everything listed in that topic is very important for me because I'm translator and translating IPS into Russian for free. And translators haven't any places where they can place their copyright, site URL, name etc. Also you're make changes in some strings every release and we would like to notify users about new version of language pack. Also I've wrote suggestions about export language but it's not important for me at this time. And...

I don't see any comment from devs/staffs. I don't know have you read my topic and what solution about my suggestions you're accepted. I think this is a big problem with communication company with clients. Because I can't check your status about my suggestions that is very important for me.

I see two ways to resolve this problem:

1. You will answer to any our suggestions (will/will not be developed and when if so).
2. You will create special section for our suggestions (like as bug tracker) where we can see status of our suggestions.

I understand that you do not have time for this, but it is very important for us. I will be glad to any answer. @Lindy

And sorry for my English. Someday I will learn it well. :)

Thank you in advance!
Best regards!

• Management

I think we have better communication than most for a company of IPS' size - I am sorry you disagree. 

The issue is, if we personally acknowledge every feedback topic - the dialogue is going to turn to "you read it, but didn't say anything else??" In your case, your suggestions are fine and something we may be able to act upon, but in the grand scheme of things, not something we're going to do right now. I have no timeline for you or even a commitment for inclusion, so there's really nothing left to add to your topic until which time we're ready to properly address it. 

I'm very sorry, but we can't address every topic and suggestion with that detail. We do take notice of all feedback, especially that which is active and has solid backing (such as feed blocks in Pages.) I'm afraid we're not willing to engage in deep communication with every suggestion, I'm sorry for the disappointment in that regard. 

Thank you for the feedback though. 

In your case, your suggestions are fine and something we may be able to act upon, but in the grand scheme of things, not something we're going to do right now. I have no timeline for you or even a commitment for inclusion, so there's really nothing left to add to your topic until which time we're ready to properly address it.

Thanks!

I think we have better communication than most for a company of IPS' size - I am sorry you disagree. 

The issue is, if we personally acknowledge every feedback topic - the dialogue is going to turn to "you read it, but didn't say anything else??"

I'm very sorry, but we can't address every topic and suggestion with that detail. We do take notice of all feedback, especially that which is active and has solid backing (such as feed blocks in Pages.) I'm afraid we're not willing to engage in deep communication with every suggestion, I'm sorry for the disappointment in that regard. 

Hmm. Yes, you're right :)

The problem is, feature requests often turn into debates - and we aren't interested in debating each and every feature request we get; we wouldn't get anything else done :) I guess you can say we prefer to sit back and let you guys debate to figure out exactly the consensus is rather than getting involved ourselves.

Between us we do read every single request, and worthwhile things do make it into our internal tracker :) We don't like to promise things on a whim because plans sometimes change, and it's also not often we can jump on something immediately - something may not be included for quite some time, even if we agree, because there's a list in front of it.

So, keep posting requests! And keep replying to other peoples' requests if you have other ideas or feedback. You won't always get a 'yes' or 'no' from staff but those topics do influence our direction.

Archived