New IPB 4 not working properly

EricGagne

I upgraded a 3.4.7 forum to the latest IPB 4 and the UI does not work the way it should.

I can't close IPB's drop down menus once they're opened.  Here, the menu opens when I click my name on the  top right corner and closes when I click again.   On my site, it does not close.  The only way to get rid of it is to click on another link. I have the same problem in ACP, clicking my name opens the "Change detail/Signout menu" but then I can't close it.

ACP Search gone ??   In IPB 3 there is the search box on the top right corner, you type something and brings up everything that contains the string from settings, pages, members etc.   I don't have this in IPB 4, has it been removed ?

Cannot reorder anything.  I have the "Reorder" option at the bottom left corner but clicking on it does nothing, no matter where I am in ACP, I can't reorder anything.

This does not sound normal, I am thinking either something went wrong with the upgrade or it's a problem with the server configuration but I don't know where to look.

One thing to try after upgrading is to recache things. Bit confusing in version 4 but you go to System > Support as per the attached image and click the radio button like what I have done. Now click on continue. You should end up recaching your forums.

BTW has your upgrade finished. It's takes some hours after the upgrade is complete for all of the background tasks to complete. You can check this on the System Dashboard page at the bottom.

If all else fails, file a support ticket.

support.png

Christopher, yes I am sure I moved all the files.  I think all my problems came from a problem in the database, something went wrong during the upgrade.

One thing to try after upgrading is to recache things. Bit confusing in version 4 but you go to System > Support as per the attached image and click the radio button like what I have done. Now click on continue. You should end up recaching your forums.

BTW has your upgrade finished. It's takes some hours after the upgrade is complete for all of the background tasks to complete. You can check this on the System Dashboard page at the bottom.

The background tasks were all finished but I an not sure they worked properly.  I had many many memory issues for trying this on a underpowered vps and had to be very "creative" to get mysql running.

I got fed up with this last night and got another VPS, running Centos 7 which makes it a lot easier to install the required versions of mysql without messing around with repositories.  I just completed a clean install of IPB on that server.  I am going to make sure that everything runs well and once I am confident that my server is properly configured I will try an upgrade from 3.4.x to 4.0.x again.

Thanks for the info on the "Support" link, I did not see this.

Archived