• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/23/2016 at 5:41 PM, Gerry 5039 said:

hello Tom

I am having a great deal of trouble with this buddy

1 No licence

2 It has no icons mate

3 When I input anything it just shows (please see snapshot),

4.The buttons wont appear, and as there are no instructions mate I just cant get this to work, can you help me please.

22-11-2016 18-06-59.png

Hi Gerry,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

You purchased this on the marketplace right? You won't receive a license. (Licenses are only for customers purchasing on ipsthemes.com - http://ipsthemes.com/documentation/find-your-license-key/)

It looks like something has gone wrong on the installation. I assume you have seen the readme file inside the download package? This provides basic instructions. Can I also confirm that you're trying to install version 1.0.5 of the plugin?

Yes mate 1.0.5 Tom to be deadly honest to you mate, I have very limited vision and I have to use a very large magnifying glass to see a small amount and I am registered blind, my wife tries to help me.  It seems to me that there is an awful lot of 3.4.5 files have been left behind when IPB updatede me to IPB 4 as I am having a lot of problems.

I could just about get round the code in 3 but know nothing about 4 at all so I am stumped.

Gerry

On 11/25/2016 at 8:10 PM, Gerry 5039 said:

Yes mate 1.0.5 Tom to be deadly honest to you mate, I have very limited vision and I have to use a very large magnifying glass to see a small amount and I am registered blind, my wife tries to help me.  It seems to me that there is an awful lot of 3.4.5 files have been left behind when IPB updatede me to IPB 4 as I am having a lot of problems.

I could just about get round the code in 3 but know nothing about 4 at all so I am stumped.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

We'll get there soon! With this plugin, due to limitations in the core software, there is a step that requires you to manually upload some assets to your FTP server. Did you complete this step? If you'd like me to do this for you, we can chat via private message?

Tom

1 hour ago, Gerry 5039 said:

What I need to know Tom is exactly what I need to put and where, in otherwords the files into what directory you know the exact structure.

In your instructions you put copy /UPLOADS directory but I cant make head or tail of what it is you want me to do mate.

Many thanks

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

To make this sounds simple for you but not take it wrong way in the files you have folder called UPLOAD this has another folder inside called plugins this folder is one need upload via FTP this will be same folder found where your main root files for core software the one where conf_global.php is simple upload the files and will then allow plugin to use the font needed for this plugin i hope that makes sense. 

21 hours ago, IPS Modification said:

Hi Gerry,

To make this sounds simple for you but not take it wrong way in the files you have folder called UPLOAD this has another folder inside called plugins this folder is one need upload via FTP this will be same folder found where your main root files for core software the one where conf_global.php is simple upload the files and will then allow plugin to use the font needed for this plugin i hope that makes sense. 

Thanks for explaining :)

18 hours ago, Gerry 5039 said:

Good man thats what my wife needed to know thank you very much.

Did that fix the issue for you, Gerry?

No mate I have deleted it, dont worry about it mate. This IPB 4 board is just driving me mad, just to old now to try and learn how to use it, and it is so difficult to get around. I am thinking of closing my board down mate its just too hard and expensive to maintain to the standards we always had. The marketplace has just gone way out of our reach.

Thanks anyway for the help. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi @Tom Christian how can I change the "Follow Us" font colour and font size on breadcrumb dropdown?

Also, I have Jump To installed which is also placed on breadcrumb. May I know how can I swap both plugins' position? I would like to have Follow Us first then only Jump To and continue with the forum's default Unread Content and Mark site read.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Shyuan said:

Hi @Tom Christian how can I change the "Follow Us" font colour and font size on breadcrumb dropdown?

Also, I have Jump To installed which is also placed on breadcrumb. May I know how can I swap both plugins' position? I would like to have Follow Us first then only Jump To and continue with the forum's default Unread Content and Mark site read.

Thanks!

color and font size is using following code that can be added to custom.css

.ipsMenu_item > a, .ipsMenu_item > span {
    display: block;
    padding: 8px 15px;
    color: #333;
    font-size: 13px;

white-space: nowrap;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
}

please change bold to color and size and your second question Jump To not sure what plugin using but might have own css also that can be tweaked.

Hi @Theme Tent UK,

As you can see in the screenshot, Follow Us is slightly lighter and font size 13px instead of 12px (as I set). The CSS code you provided doesn't work. Like Jump To, it has its CSS to tune the font size and font colour, but I don't think Follow Us has it after looking at its CSS file. It's still looking the same after applying your custom CSS:

Capture.PNG

My second question was meant to move Follow Us to the left of Jump To. So it probably doesn't relate to CSS?

Thanks.

Add:

Jumpto.css has this:

.ipsBreadcrumb [data-action="jumpTo"] {
    font-size: 12px;
    font-weight: 400;
    color: #2e2e2e;
}

1 minute ago, Shyuan said:

Hi @Theme Tent UK,

As you can see in the screenshot, Follow Us is slightly lighter and font size 13px instead of 12px (as I set). The CSS code you provided doesn't work. Like Jump To, it has its CSS to tune the font size and font colour, but I don't think Follow Us has it after looking at its CSS file. It's still looking the same after applying your custom CSS:

Capture.PNG

My second question was meant to move Follow Us to the left of Jump To. So it probably doesn't relate to CSS?

Thanks.

sorry given wrong css i thought wanted the drop down menu text the correct css for just Follow Us text is 

.ipsBreadcrumb > ul > li > a {
    color: #333;
    font-size: 13px;

}

the Jump To never seen that one before as few here do you have link to the widget so take better look.

Just now, Shyuan said:

Hi @Theme Tent UK the CSS code helps, thanks!

Jump to is a paid addon: https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8056-jump-to/

I wonder if there's a way to adjust their orders/positions if I were to enable developer mode?

yeah just found the above files lol and might all use same hook point but don't have that file if open the xml will tell you the hook point.

'footer' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    array (
      'selector' => '#elFooterLinks',
      'type' => 'add_inside_end',

the above from social so footer is area being looked at the selector is hook point it self and type where to point the hook.

• 2 weeks later...

The new update has made few changes as of now you will not need license to use the Plugin, also change in ownership been added to the file and removed the update call back that will later on provide error also supports IPS Cloud as don't need upload any font's any issues please let me know and any feedback or suggestions will be welcome.

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Tom Peace said:

Hi @Theme Tent UK

I have a problem with your plugin when using YouTube icon - it does display some strange text on hover. See the picture below:

58ab3c54b8c9b_youtubewrongword.png.5bfadaa7a981ed5f56d46590f17c8034.png

Other icons (like Facebook) work fine:

58ab3c58c7f07_Facebookok.png.8f9b33434067158281ece37dc3547c66.png

How to fix this? Thank you

i will check my dev site might need do quick update looks like missing lang string in the files.

Archived