Online list and user groups filter

Edit: OOPS I forgot there was a privacy setting for this.

I don't like it when you can filter the online list by all user groups as there are some groups that needs to be hidden from view like it were in the IP.Board versions. Now all groups are exposed to users and guests and it's very uncomfortable.

There are these usual groups like members and guests, but also moderators, administrators, banned and "secret group".

I don't like it when you can filter the online list by all user groups as there are some groups that needs to be hidden from view like it were in the IP.Board versions. Now all groups are exposed to users and guests and it's very uncomfortable.

There are these usual groups like members and guests, but also moderators, administrators, banned and "secret group".

Have you opted to 'not show in online user list and latest member info?' (admincp >> members >> groups >>  select group >> group settings tab

scroll to 'Privacy Settings'

Just tested by making admin not viewable and I cannot be seen in the 'Who's online' block or by clicking 'See full list'

or are you referring to something else ??

Have you opted to 'not show in online user list and latest member info?' (admincp >> members >> groups >>  select group >> group settings tab

scroll to 'Privacy Settings'

Just tested by making admin not viewable and I cannot be seen in the 'Who's online' block or by clicking 'See full list'

or are you referring to something else ??

Yes I did see that.

I'm not used to the online list as it was disabled in 3.4. You can't disable it now as easily as in 3.4.

if want to completely disable then remove the block (click the little 'arrow' icon on left of screen) and then click the 'X' of the block in question

Otherwise to not show certain groups then by doing as I mentioned above it will remove that group(s) from the list

in screenies below you can see I am showing as online in that block

group1.thumb.jpg.cbcd93452840e35e33f23e4

Now, when I do as mentioned above I am not

group2.thumb.jpg.7c8083d3b9e59ac9b74cc36

group3.thumb.jpg.52e1b38d62b229b80d3ad22

So not sure what you are trying to do

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

One more question.

3.4 used to show numbers of guests in "Who's online".

I don't see it in version 4.

In ACP>Members>Groups>Guests I have "Show in online user list and latest member info?" checked.

What are you referring to? 

Forums_-_Invision_Power_Services_2015-07

Archived