• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tom, thanks for your time, I am having some issues trying to make our plugin function. Following the instructions in the read me file took to me to this page http://ipsthemes.com/documentation/installing-ips-suite-4-plugin/ and I followed the instructions. After installation I enter my mailchimp API key and I save, the plugin closes and when I try to edit the plugin I get this error message:

Capture.thumb.PNG.d1bf51f17bc0c0b4c7be53

Any help is greatly appreciated Tom, thanks!

IP Version 4.1.8

John

On 2/12/2016 at 1:26 PM, Courtland said:

Tom, thanks for your time, I am having some issues trying to make our plugin function. Following the instructions in the read me file took to me to this page http://ipsthemes.com/documentation/installing-ips-suite-4-plugin/ and I followed the instructions. After installation I enter my mailchimp API key and I save, the plugin closes and when I try to edit the plugin I get this error message:

Capture.thumb.PNG.d1bf51f17bc0c0b4c7be53

Any help is greatly appreciated Tom, thanks!

IP Version 4.1.8

John

Hi John,

You've missed a step within the installation process. If you look at the readme file again (the readme inside the download package), there's some text which says:

56c7001bc99ba_ScreenShot2016-02-19at11.4

Let me know if that helps :)

Tom.

That did it Tom! Thanks for your help. I completely missed the "Please Note". I don't know how but I did! Thanks for your patience with me and walking me through it. I have one remaining question, are the first and last name fields supposed to be synced as well? At this point only the email address was synced, which is a big step too, but if the basic fields would sync too that would be most awesome.

Thanks again Tom for your time.

John

15 minutes ago, Courtland said:

That did it Tom! Thanks for your help. I completely missed the "Please Note". I don't know how but I did! Thanks for your patience with me and walking me through it. I have one remaining question, are the first and last name fields supposed to be synced as well? At this point only the email address was synced, which is a big step too, but if the basic fields would sync too that would be most awesome.

Thanks again Tom for your time.

John

No problem, John. Glad to hear things are all good now.

Unfortunately, only e-mails are synced with the "batch sync" feature. However, names are recorded when new users sign up. I could look into adding this feature in the future but can't promise it'll be anytime soon I'm afraid.

On Freitag, 31. Juli 2015 at 8:09 PM, ITpro WEB said:

It does not honor members which have opt-ed out from recieving emails. When doing batch-sync all members are transferred to Mailchimp list.

I would also like more syncing options. For example; batch sync members registered/active last X days.

This is an important feature, as otherwise, it might conflict with national laws in a lot countries. At least an option in ACP before starting batch sync, if "honor members opted out from receiving mail" should be considered.

Also required is to exclude special member groups (f.e. banned) during batch sync. You may not kick member out of your community (maybe ages ago) and start sending them newsletters one day.

5 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

This is an important feature, as otherwise, it might conflict with national laws in a lot countries. At least an option in ACP before starting batch sync, if "honor members opted out from receiving mail" should be considered.

Also required is to exclude special member groups (f.e. banned) during batch sync. You may not kick member out of your community (maybe ages ago) and start sending them newsletters one day.

I agree. I will look into this also.

• 5 months later...

Hello Tom,

I don't want to BATCH my entire list to mailchimp.  I have over 74,000 members.  I just want to add NEW USERS who've opted in -- to sign up for my mailing list.  I just realized I've had this on my site for about a month, but there's no registrations coming from this plugin.  What should I do?

Thanks,

BB

3 hours ago, BostonBob said:

Hello Tom,

I don't want to BATCH my entire list to mailchimp.  I have over 74,000 members.  I just want to add NEW USERS who've opted in -- to sign up for my mailing list.  I just realized I've had this on my site for about a month, but there's no registrations coming from this plugin.  What should I do?

Thanks,

BB

Have you had the plugin configured correctly in this time?

On 7/28/2016 at 6:45 AM, BostonBob said:

I don't see any errors.  Where should I look for errors?

I see what the problem is.  The emails are coming over, but the first name is being shown some kind of funky character string --  db87e205920c1bb8e2d47bb0c2ds6826 -- How can I set this up as their first name?  Or just being set as Friend until they modify their account?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2016 at 4:16 PM, BostonBob said:

I see what the problem is.  The emails are coming over, but the first name is being shown some kind of funky character string --  db87e205920c1bb8e2d47bb0c2ds6826 -- How can I set this up as their first name?  Or just being set as Friend until they modify their account?

Thanks for the tip. It sounds like Invision may have changed something internally which has caused this. It will need an update on my part once I figure out why this has happened and how to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2016 at 4:16 PM, BostonBob said:

23 hours ago, Matthew Kepnes said:

Any update @Tom Christian on the feeding of names over to mailchimp? Just got the plugin setup to run but want to avoid going live with it now and having to find a way to fix the names if theres an update coming soon that we can wait for. 

I just pushed 1.0.5 to the Marketplace which fixes the gibberish name issue. Sorry about that! Looks like it was a knock on effect of an internal change by Invision.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, matthias23 said:

Hi, i just purchased and installed the plugin.

I have 2 questions:

1) where do i find the license key? didnt get any by mail. 

2) when batch syncing i get following error:

array(1) { ["email"]=> NULL }

is this related to not having a license key?

thanks for help!

No license key if you purchased here on the marketplace

I'll look into that batch error. Thanks for the report. It's not do with the license

• 3 months later...

Archived