Webfonts by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

• 7 months later...

Hi, I have just installed the plugin and want to clarify some questions:

1. Should this plugin replace all fonts on the website? My H1 and some other pieces have a font "Helvetica Neue" instead of the font defined in plugin. It is the same in my theme and in the default one without customization. 
  2. I can use only one font with this plugin at the same time? I cannot e.g. define Fira Sans for headlines and other font for the body?
  3. Can I have different settings for the font per theme? Or is the replacement always global regardless the theme?

Number 1 is critical for me. It does not look pretty if .ipstype_pageTitle does not use the defined font, while all other surrounding elements have it. 

4 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Hi, I have just installed the plugin and want to clarify some questions:

1. Should this plugin replace all fonts on the website? My H1 and some other pieces are not in the defined font. Neither in my theme nor in the default one without customization.
  2. I can use only one font with this plugin at the same time? I cannot e.g. define Fira Sans for headlines and other font for the body?
  3. Can I have different settings for the font per theme? Or is the replacement always global regardless the theme?

Number 1 is critical for me. It does not look pretty if .ipsPageTitle does not use the defined font, while all other surrounding elements have it. 

Give me few mins and answer all questions in detail just finishing off custom theme.

1. At moment plugin design just replace only the body text so its limited but if like make changes to the plugin so would target more then the body.

2. believe answer this above so no matter what font have its only the body being targeted.

3. No the plugin design global not per theme can look this via adding custom css into theme.

I hope the above answer the question many people have paid for theme but don't really get much feedback from it so very much stayed as very standard plugin and open any feedback and suggestions. 

17 minutes ago, Pete T said:

1. At moment plugin design just replace only the body text so its limited but if like make changes to the plugin so would target more then the body.

It is not consistent. It replaces font in <h1>, <h2>, <hX> but not in <h1 class="ipsType_pageTitle"> or <h4 class="ipsType_sectionHead">. It looks odd for me and a bit like font mess if some headlines are styled different as others. I have added a line to redefine the font in customs.css like this:

.ipsType_pageTitle, .ipsType_sectionTitle, .ipsType_secondaryTitle, .ipsType_sectionHead, .ipsType_minorHeading {
    font-family: "My Font", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}

I can live with it now 😉 Probably you can implement two different fonts (like in the theme settings). One for headlines (all) and one for body. But it is not essential for me right now. I like what I see now.

2 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

It is not consistent. It replaces font in <h1>, <h2>, <hX> but not in <h1 class="ipsType_pageTitle"> or <h4 class="ipsType_sectionHead">. It looks odd for me and a bit like font mess if some headlines are styled different as others. I have added some a line to redefine the font in customs.css like this:

.ipsType_pageTitle, .ipsType_sectionTitle, .ipsType_secondaryTitle, .ipsType_sectionHead, .ipsType_minorHeading {
    font-family: "My Font", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}

I can live with it now 😉 Probably you can implement two different fonts (like in the theme settings). One for headlines (all) and one for body. For me it looks good right now.

I will take look updating plugin not sure if be this week as my work load been custom theme after custom theme and working with major client needs lots work done for 1st November but will get sorted in my spare downtime.

1 minute ago, Pete T said:

I will take look updating plugin not sure if be this week as my work load been custom theme after custom theme and working with major client needs lots work done for 1st November but will get sorted in my spare downtime.

It is not important for me. I am happy now. Do care about your customers and make them happy 😉

4 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

It is not important for me. I am happy now. Do care about your customers and make them happy 😉

I care about all my customers paid or free as all just important to me, but like thank you for buying and also providing feedback 🙂 

• 3 months later...

Archived