New feature : Post BEFORE Register !

Durango

Hi

Actually it's not a "tactic" or anything bad, it's actually making people's life easier

Example : when you discover a new website, and want to post content quickly, you dont want to spend long time registering first, then finding back the page you were previously where you wanted to reply or post etc...

This website is a major french website : 100 millions visits / month, its like eBay :

https://www.leboncoin.fr

Look at the SEO stats : https://fr.semrush.com/fr/info/leboncoin.fr

They have improved by *50 times the users engagement

How ? by allowing visitors to post BEFORE register, see here :

https://www.leboncoin.fr/ai/form/0

the submit form to post first

and look at the end, they are asking for username & email

so that at the same time you are posting your account is created

>> This is a game changer feature

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think that too many people expect too much from such a feature.

We coded this for a customer and we were also using it for one of our own boards and we expected much better results than what we saw in the last 1/2 year.

There was indeed some valuable new content, but from our own experience we can say that only 30% of the guests used it.  The other 70% were spambots just posting their bulls#$% or human spammers posting links to their sites.  I guess that’s the normal automated spam content, which everybody experiences with guest submittable textfields. 

18 hours ago, Fosters said:

We coded this for a customer and we were also using it for one of our own boards and we expected much better results than what we saw in the last 1/2 year.

There was indeed some valuable new content, but from our own experience we can say that only 30% of the guests used it.  The other 70% were spambots just posting their bulls#$% or human spammers posting links to their sites.  I guess that’s the normal automated spam content, which everybody experiences with guest submittable textfields. 

I think the question is how many of those guests became regular active users? Do you have metrics on signups before/after and maybe posts per day before/after? 

Spambots are a pain but I guess we would need to implement strong captchas or something to make this viable. 

On 8/11/2018 at 8:32 AM, Fosters said:

Would you consider making this a paid app available in the marketplace? I would buy it.

We have some clients who developed this on their communities (huge websites) and they have seen a HUGE effect

The problem is time : people dont have time, they want to participate to communities but they are discouraged when they see they have to :

- register first

- find a password

- note their password somewhere

- check their email to validate

- come back on the topic they wanted to reply to

- remember what they wanted to say at the first place

etc etc

we are losing TONS and TONS of users every day with this archaic way of doing

People want to SAY what they want to SAY FIRST, they dont have time to wait, THEN and only THEN they are ok to give an email & password, as they want their post to be published

• 2 weeks later...

as some requested, here is how it looks like (on a major french forum) :

https://voyage.linternaute.com/forum/canada-24002/new

look at how it is so well implemented :

https://voyage.linternaute.com/forum/affich-20568782-difficile-de-choisir-entre-la-guadeloupe-et-la-martinique

the reply box appears right after the first topic (question) : (votre réponse)

when you click on it, it generates the full ajax reply box with message first and then at the end : username / email

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this topic. I was looking for something about this because I thought it would be very productive to put the link to a form in the Instagram Bio of our community so that people could send reports of their trips. That would make it much easier. After submitting the topic the user could click on a quick register button. The content of this submission could have the option of being moderate or not. Having a submission form as it works in Facebook groups at the beginning of the topic list in fluid mode would also help a lot.

Archived