Login panel and admin panel do not function

Winbar

Hi, 

So after what appears to be a successful upgrade of the forums, I am unable to login to neither the admin page now the main site itself. If I click the "Existing user? Sign In" link at the top, instead of the log in popup panel being displayed nothing appears and instead a strange arrow appears instead. 

Login1.thumb.PNG.ed748ca763543d5153d9720

If I try and log into the admin site, I see the following:

Login2.thumb.PNG.ec723847123eef57448764e

I thought at first it might be a CSS styling issue, but all the CSS links in the page source appear to work correctly and are viewable. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advanced

I have the same problem today when I upgrade from previous 3.4 forum. The Login panel is not functioning, but i have no problem with the admin login.

I also managed to login to the forum through facebook, but still the navigation panel on the top right do not function. 

forum navigation.png

I had a similar issue what I fixed by going into the Admin Panel (If you can), clicking the support link, then choosing somethings not working. If you do that it should clear the cached files and hopefully fix the problem.

i have tried that, but it doesn't help either.

I have a feeling that it has something to do with javascript and/or jquery. but not sure what because I hadn't customize anything yet. everything is still fresh from the original installation.

Open a support ticket from your client area and mark it as critical.

I can't as this is a test install, and IPB are not supporting test installs for issues. That's what I was told in my last ticket I raised for my previous error. Hence posting in here instead. 

I can't as this is a test install, and IPB are not supporting test installs for issues. That's what I was told in my last ticket I raised for my previous error. Hence posting in here instead. 

I'll shut up then LOL

have you cleared cache and cookies on your computer? I couldnt sign out until I did so. Once I cleaned up, it started working normally.

Thanks for the suggestion. No luck unfortunately :(

Log a bug in the bug tracker for it to be looked at, I think the issue with test installs for 4.0.X should have some better form of support though (especially in these early days).

Yes good shout I will see if it gets looked at :)

Hi guys,

I have solved my problem. It turns out that my Google Analytic code seems to be conflicting with the forum javascripts. When I disable Google analytics, everything work fine.

When I checked on google analytics, there are new tracking code available, I changed to the new code and it works fine now.

So, anyone who had similar problem, can try to disable google analytics or any other javascript, because the code might be conflicting somewhere (and don't even appear on chrome's developer tools error log).

But for Winbar, I'm not sure how you're going to try this if you cannot get to admin panel. But you could be looking into trying to disable the javascript.

And also, there might be some 3rd party service that is caching or modifying your page's javascript, such as cloudflare, or some proxy server.

good luck!

Ok so I've done a little digging on the admin page to see what the different is between a page that is working and my one which is not, and there are two big differences.

Working site:

<div id='elLogin_box' data-controller="core.admin.system.login" class='elLogin_single'>

Our site:

<div id='elLogin_box' data-controller="core.admin.system.login">

It appears to be missing the class against this div.

and then secondary ALL the form code is missing and the div above that. 

<div id='elTabContent'>
<div id='ipsTabs_elLogin_tabs_handler__standard_panel' class=" ipsTabs_panel ">

<form accept-charset='utf-8' action="https://anotherwebsite.com/admin/?adsess=0fd7c19702a6d3d1838a0f27b2a3957b&amp;app=core&amp;module=system&amp;controller=login&amp;ref=" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <div class='ipsFieldRow_fullWidth'>
        <button type='submit' class='ipsButton ipsButton_primary ipsButton_large'>Sign In</button>
    </div>
</form>
</div>

Our website:

<div id='elTabContent'>
</div>

So it's missing the entire contents of the form which explains why nothing displays. All the JS files appear to match, so what could be causing this? Does the theme need to be rebuilt? If so is that possible through a PHP script as I can't access the admin interface? This may also be related to what is happening with the main login form as well. 

Thanks

Just to update people, I reset my forums once again, re-downloaded the files. Forced ASCII to be used for file uploads and did the upgrade again and this time it worked. 

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. 

Archived