[IPS4] Tutorials

Adriano Faria

Hey @Adriano Faria

Could you check on your end if app is creating duplicate translatable key "settings"? That's creating problem with translation because none of these keys work correctly if they are named the same. One is for "System" and the other is for "Tutorials". I guess it should be named "tutorials_settings".

settings.png.53d9e57e20617e444aae8279ead7c43a.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem with the download files attached to a tutorial. The category has all permissions and only the creator of the tutorial can download the txt files he uploaded. I am the admin and I can't download them. I see them as "unavailable". What am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot

See attachments. I have all permissions for the tutorial/category and I can't download the files. The creator of the tutorial can.

image.thumb.png.cd65d35fff3fe1c9b013e17c71c22e16.png

image.png.81eecba23577be14f403f0084d0cb768.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 11:36 PM, OptimusBain said:

I am having a problem with the download files attached to a tutorial. The category has all permissions and only the creator of the tutorial can download the txt files he uploaded. I am the admin and I can't download them. I see them as "unavailable". What am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot

See attachments. I have all permissions for the tutorial/category and I can't download the files. The creator of the tutorial can.

image.thumb.png.cd65d35fff3fe1c9b013e17c71c22e16.png

image.png.81eecba23577be14f403f0084d0cb768.png

@Adriano Faria I can confirm I have this same issue.  It seems to be fixed by me logging in as the submitter and simply resubmitting the tutorial.  Not sure what happened but it is an issue on our side.

On an unrelated note...what I actually came here to post.  I am recieveing this error when I try to enable guest access to the site.  I am trying to create a guest page but to do it I have to disable the Tutorials App then enable guest access, then enable the tutorials app again.  Unfortunately this method does not allow me to remove tutorials access for guest as it will throw the following error:

REPLACE INTO `tutorials_groups` ( `tutorials_g_id`, `tutorials_posts_access`, `tutorials_othermems`, `tutorials_copy`, `tutorials_tutorializepost`, `tutorials_viewreaders`, `tutorials_view` ) VALUES ( 2, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, true )
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'tutorials_posts_access' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /var/www/html/106131/system/Db/Db.php(967): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*r304709::r304...', Array)
#1 /var/www/sitefiles/r304709/applications/tutorials/sources/Members/Members.php(63): IPS\_Db->replace('tutorials_group...', Array)
#2 /var/www/sitefiles/r304709/applications/tutorials/extensions/core/GroupForm/Tutorials.php(75): IPS\tutorials\_Members::setGroupData(2, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, true)
#3 /var/www/html/106131/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(224): IPS\tutorials\extensions\core\GroupForm\_Tutorials->save(Array, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#4 /var/www/html/106131/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /var/www/html/106131/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(39): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/106131/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/106131/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

@HDiddy, fixed the group issue. Let me know if you have FTP access, so I can provide the fix while you wait the official version to be available in marketplace.

Regarding the attachment issue reported by @OptimusBain, I still can't reproduce. Works fine to me, as admin (being the tutorial author or downloader) or as a regular member (also being the tutorial author or downloader). Technically speaking, all the columns are properly filled in the right columns of the attachments table.

Feel free to PM to provide more info.

20 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

@HDiddy, fixed the group issue. Let me know if you have FTP access, so I can provide the fix while you wait the official version to be available in marketplace.

Regarding the attachment issue reported by @OptimusBain, I still can't reproduce. Works fine to me, as admin (being the tutorial author or downloader) or as a regular member (also being the tutorial author or downloader). Technically speaking, all the columns are properly filled in the right columns of the attachments table.

Feel free to PM to provide more info.

Unfortunately I am on IPS Hosted so no FTP Access, but I can wait for the official.

As for the other issue it is odd, we don't have that many tutorials about 80 so we can effectively fix them with the work around I mentioned but still kind of weird.